What's a good DR/UR in Ahrefs when buying a domain?

Degree
When buying a domain, I have been looking at the TF/CF in Majestic. I'm wondering how that correlates to Ahref's data. Can somebody suggest a minimum DR I should be using as a threshold when looking for domains?

Honestly, you should simply focus on buying a domain name that is new so that you know for sure that it's clean and has never had any sketchy history in its past. Ensure that the domain name is relevant to what you plan to write about or offer, and try to include a keyword within it if possible, but not super important.

There's so much advice on whether DA/PA or CF/TF should be the right metrics. I have a super SEO guy that is all about the quality of the links to a site. Personally, I go for anything that is a TF10+ and RD 15+. Of course, you have to check the links to be sure they are not shitty.

I'm starting to think it would be worth more to buy a domain with traffic rather than metrics

But personally, I bought a domain with DR 40 and good TF/backlinks

I'm starting to think it would be worth more to buy a domain with traffic rather than metrics

I park a lot of my domains while planning out what to do with them. It's very interesting what the parking stats tell you - not only the traffic numbers but where visitors are coming from and if they actually click on ads when they arrive. A link is ultimately a bridge to bring visitors from point A to point B. A domain with good metrics but minimal referral traffic makes me question if anyone is even visiting the linking pages.

I would look at a min DR in the 40 range but really it depends on your niche. If the average DR of your ranking competitors is 30, then buying a domain DR of 35 would be just fine.

I would look at a min DR in the 40 range but really it depends on your niche. If the average DR of your ranking competitors is 30, then buying a domain DR of 35 would be just fine.
I don't look at metrics. I'm only concerned with the links pointing to the domain. If you trying to filter a domain from a list of a hundred, I would look at min DR35 and min 50 LRD.

40Dr and 50Refering domains to filter a big list, after that its all manual checking.
Check if the links are contextual
Check the anchor text
Check the referring domains quality(above 50Dr)
Then screenshots and archive

DR of 40 or thereabouts but solid advice above. Majestic TF/CF is the king of metrics though imho

Back