What would you do? sell.ly

vinnypolston

Boot Camp
Degree
Hey guys!

Was in a small bidding war a few days ago for the domain sell.ly - went for $305. I lost the war but still believe it was a great deal!

I was planning on creating something kind of a cross between jvzoo/e-junkie with a bit of wufoo thrown in.

So here we go. Had you won it --what would you develop?

Last edited:
First your idea is great. Foremost, I will support it.

Shouldn't it be Sel.ly?

Also notice that domain is available but there is some waiting period and you have to register it in some special way in the future:

"Domain Status: Strings shorter than four symbols long are to be registered directly under .ly ONLY through Libya Telecom and Technology co. (LTT) in the upcoming period to guarantee that registrants have Local presence."

Screen_Shot_2014_10_15_at_4_19_11_PM.png

Good luck!!

Were you looking for a domain to use for this project or did you see the domain and think 'Hey that would be a good name for a jvzoo-esque site'? That's my litmus test for domain names. If it's the former then I would be bummed out about not getting it. If it's the later then it might be a good thing you didn't win it (no offense).

I don't love the name either to be honest. Your site would be a place for buyers and sellers right? So I think you could have a name that suits both sides better. I wouldnt be too upset about not winning it :smile:

Appreciate that Hitman.

@CCarter, interesting. Very interesting. Thanks friend!

@stargazr1968, Yeah that's why I'm not too bummed. It was the latter. I've always got something cooking in my mind. Saw it and thought.. "Hey that could be cool". No offense taken at all! :cool:

Saying no to new projects is saying yes to existing ones! Who knows what you actually gained from losing the auction! :smile:

Saying no to new projects is saying yes to existing ones! Who knows what you actually gained from losing the auction! :smile:

Never thought of it that way. I'm going to get that tattooed onto the inside of my eyelids.

Back