What would you ask a higher end marketer?

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
Let's say right now, you doing ok as a marketer or builder.

But you had the opportunity to ask someone higher up than you a bunch of questions you wish you had the answers to.

What would you ask them?

• It could be questions about how to grow your agency or landing clients.
  • It could be things like where would they start today if they had $0 money.
  • If you only had 30 minutes a day to work on paid ads, where would you focus that 30 minutes?
  • etc

Looking for marketing/business questions you would want answers to if you could ask someone above you for the answers.

I'm doing this for research.

Thanks!

Say you know you need a sales team in order to take your business to the next level. However, you have no experience in sales so it’s not something you can train other people on. That being the case:

1) What is the process for putting together a sales team that will call large advertisers in order to negotiate, and sell, ad inventory and sponsored posts in your email newsletter?

2) How should you structure their pay to motivate them to make as many sales as possible while also making sure the company makes a healthy profit?

Last edited:
On the sales front, smart marketing automation for sales enablement & with that, how to get your sales team to
1. Use the tools at their disposal
2. Relay feedback about what's working, what's not, and what additional needs they have?

It seems salespeople fall into a few archetypes: the phone hammerer, the cold emailer, the LinkedIn troller (fishing-wise, not internet jackassery-wise), the inbound/referral only, etc. How would you get your team to work to their strengths to help each other while also compensating appropriately when a deal is closed?

I would ask them how they would scale a business if they could only work part-time, say 20 hours a week.

I'd ask them how they'd balance their time between client acquisition and doing the actual work as a solopreneur. I'd imagine these individuals would be outsourcing their services, but I'd be curious as to what they did before they outsourced anything (if they ever didn't outsource). Did they just work 24/7, etc.

Let's say right now, you doing ok as a marketer or builder.

But you had the opportunity to ask someone higher up than you a bunch of questions you wish you had the answers to.

What would you ask them?

• It could be questions about how to grow your agency or landing clients.
  • It could be things like where would they start today if they had $0 money.
  • If you only had 30 minutes a day to work on paid ads, where would you focus that 30 minutes?
  • etc

Looking for marketing/business questions you would want answers to if you could ask someone above you for the answers.

I'm doing this for research.

Thanks!

Good stuff, dude. Here's a bunch of random ones:
  1. How do you reignite a paid ads campaign once its hit a plateau / diminishing returns?
  2. Is there a tried-and-true strategy for identifying "shoulder" markets to scale into?
  3. How many types of marketing should be in the mix to ensure the stability of a marketing plan?
  4. Are there any marketing types that are essential to every marketing plan?
  5. How should a smaller company / marketer approach marketing attribution while they're on a tight budget?
  6. How do you re-engage with an audience that may have already gone blind to a previous campaign?
  7. What revenue level should a business be at in order to stop outsourcing and start building marketing teams in-house?
  8. How do you identify where your demographic is hanging out? (online or off)
  9. Is there a data-based approach to building a buyer avatar?
  10. How do set marketing / growth goals once you have 1+ years of historical data?
  11. What's the best way to cold-email a list when they haven't opted-in?
  12. Are there any snail-mail / direct mail tactics that can be used by a digital business?

Back