What the "P" in PBN stands for 99% of the time...

Degree
Here's a bit a rant, because I'm annoyed.

If you're selling links in a PBN, it's NOT A PRIVATE BLOG NETWORK IT'S A PUBLIC BLOG NETWORK. The fact that you don't publish a list of every site in the network doesn't make it "private", especially you guys who are setting these up that really have no idea what you're doing and are linking all the sites together... All I have to do is find one of your sites and I've got the whole network mapped out in a matter of minutes, "PRIVATE"... really? If it takes me a couple minutes to do by hand, how long do you think it takes Google (One of the leading technology companys in the world) to sniff you out? 0.1 seconds? Less maybe?

It's like PBN is this year's dumb SEO cliche that people use incorrectly. Last year it was "authority sites", the year before that it was "quality content"...

What is a private blog network?
IT'S F*****G PRIVATE!!!!!!!

/endrant.

Ha, I feel your pain buddy. I always find people selling these and stating "Private" blog networks are normally terrible. Like you say linking together and no real TLC, I prefer to make my own than risking my assets on someone else's stupidity.

Last one was SAPE. It was only a matter of time before Google had to turn their attention towards PBN's.

Oh man... some of the shit I see on skype...

Guys will be asking the most basic of basic questions, then a month later they've got their threads up selling posts on their "ELITE UNSTOPPABLE #1 RANK GENERATING PBN".

There's even a guy out there who's fairly well known for selling PBN posts and a couple people caught him blasting his client's sites with SAPE links too as an added "BONUS". I guess he was worried that his magical PBN wouldn't be strong enough.... pathetic.

Lemme just say one thing I'm really liking about this forum so far is that I haven't seen a single snake yet. You all genuinely seem like a good bunch of folks, that's why I wanted to make sure I stay on everyone's good side lol.

Pretty much, once the common man knows about a method, it's done for and will be attacked specifically by Google very soon.

Many of these blogger guys are just like cult leaders though. They know they can hop on the bandwagon, exploit their readership, then blame the impending doom on Google instead of themselves. And they end up taking on another $xx,xxx - xxx,xxx to their income from it that year. It's very dirty.

BOOM!!!

Yeah it stands for "Private", also it stands for "Public" lol :smile:

Oh man... some of the shit I see on skype...
Guys will be asking the most basic of basic questions, then a month later they've got their threads up selling posts on their "ELITE UNSTOPPABLE #1 RANK GENERATING PBN".

Oh! I can't stop laughing on this, yeah I know a bunch of those felons.

Lol exactly. I'm glad a found a forum that isn't afraid to call it like it is and there isn't some agenda being pushed. I joined a couple of other newer marketing forums and it's so gross how it's just all about pushing someones agenda to sell PBN links and shit.. lol...

When does a PrivateBN become a PublicBN? The second you tell anyone about it, the second you sell a link on it, the second you start interlinking your sites...

They're going to be linking to some of the same targets, isn't that enough of a footprint for you PBN gurus?!

"start interlinking your sites" you mean linking between your sites.

Let me just say....

I'm all for doing what works when it comes to SEO, I just think this latest trend of PBN is hilarious because everyone's getting indoctrinated to buy shitty links from cockroach-vendors, just like EVERY OTHER "link fad" that comes along, gets ruined, then goes away.

I'm not against PBNs at all, they work, they rank your shit, but that's like saying "Do you like food?" Some of it's great, some of it (The stuff people are selling, for the most part...) is absolute garbage. If you can weasel your way into a real PRIVATE network that's built with care, I'll see you at the top of the SERPS but all these PUBLIC blog networks ... oh man... c'mon, I'll see you at the next refresh, looking down, from the top of the serps.

"start interlinking your sites" you mean linking between your sites.

Yeah, linking amongst sites. PBN site 1 links to site 2, site 2 links to site 4, site 4 links to site 3, 3 links to 1.. etc. Having all the sites in your PBN interlinked.

ALN's are the deal now :smile: find those...

Do you churn and burn sites or try to rank forever?
I just stop doing SEO the last month and one site with 3000 kw Msearch for 3 months now, still ranking well, and its a churn and burn site, ranking for ever I never think about that lol! No I try to stay as much as possible.

Back