What Stupid Thing Did You Screw Up Today?

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
The other day, I went on a deeper page speed optimization on one of my Wordpress sites while I was already in digging. I got the wise idea to string replace any enqueued scripts in the header, so that all of those scripts loaded asynchronously.

ssCxO3V.gif

It made sense at the time when I was tunnel visioned for speed.

It got rid of some render blocking scripts to make Google happy, then days later I realized I couldn't use the Text Editor and that the Word Count at the bottom was showing zero.

I just blew an hour trying to blame it on a plugin that was throwing a console error only to eventually realize that jquery.min.js was loading late, making it so the plugin and TinyMCE couldn't work right.

np1lDZv.jpg

Back to my regularly scheduled program!

Hmm. Nothing ever happens here with about 30-40 SSH terminals open to different servers (some more than once)... /sarcasm_off

Actually, nothing has happened today but there's still time. On a side note, have totally been there with Async JS, threads, fibers, etc.

bhfY3lJ.jpg

Quoted web design for a client and received a... "Is that all?".

Damn.

___$$$$_____ <-- my money (laid out on my table)

___$$$$$$$_____ <--- potential money (on someone elses table)

Monday, I was in the process of creating a cPanel backup of a clients site, so I could put a copy of it on our development server for a redesign and SEO overhaul. I got everything setup on our development server and started deleting some files from the file manager. 20 minutes later, boss comes in ask me why client's site was down. Turned out I was in the wrong cPanel deleting files. Thank god for backup files.

For over 2 hours I was getting a buffer overflow/stack smashing bug occurring while trying to free static variables. You can only free dynamic variables... Fucking nightmare.

lXHH1U4.gif

On Tuesday I asked someone out. I got rejected. I messaged her today and we are probably gonna meet up and dance. I hope it's not gonna end up awkward and we can still be friends (I mean, I am enlightened, I don't get jealous and I don't hold grudges against people). This morning has been exceptionally productive though.

I woke up at 0928 this morning thinking it was Saturday instead of Friday. I was supposed to host a meeting that started at 0930 Friday. This meeting took several weeks to arrange schedules and get the necessary parties to agree to attend. At 0929 I'm running out of my bedroom texting my boss that I was running late to the major meeting.

Luckily my computer is in the next room and today was also my day to work from home.

I have my CSS file open in two different tabs by accident in two different windows. I thought my browser cache was screwing up as usual so I thought nothing of it. Turns out I was doing work and saving it, and then erasing it by adding new work into the other tab, on repeat.

^^ haha.. similar a few weeks ago, opened a CSS file, made a copy in another directory before starting edits, kept uploading the original and wondering why no changes were appearing.

Back