What motivates you the most?

Degree
Long hours & hard work are all essential to success. However, you must have that one thing that pushes you, DRIVES you to work your ass off, to continue down this path of ascension.

I'm curious as to what that one thing is that pushes you PAST your limits, that makes you a full-fledged BEAST. What motivates you the most? Share your reason with everyone.

Money is the main motivation, we all have. But when I think, I'm helping someone with my blog, that's a great motivation too.

Two things:
  • David Goggins
  • The thought of building THE ubiquitous brand within my niche.

Money to FIRE so I can do whatever I want without worry.

The chance of being free from living a "normal" life, the ability to travel and work on my own terms

Trying to escape the rat race and the 9 to 7 job.
Hope one day to have a good side income, for now, I'm only at a few cents per day...

Fo me, my main reason is leave my secured daily job and build my own company with values that are mine. :smile:

Here's a thread I wrote here almost 6 years ago that I'd hope could offer some food for thought to help you think about what motivates you:

What is Your Reason?

I would say I only see 2 or 3 worthy reasons listed in this thread. Your "reason" will provide motivation that doesn't burn out and need to be re-ignited. It's the kind of motivation that turns into discipline that keeps you moving forward even when things aren't going so well.

All of the material gains and rewards like a house and nice car are consequences of having a great reason. But they aren't the reason in themselves. Nobody who's absolutely crushing it out was able to do it because they were excited about a Lambo. The Bugatti is a toy to play with compared to a real reason.

Stuff like "Not having to work" isn't a reason. When you have a real reason, you'll never stop working because the goal is never finished. It stops becoming about the goal and more about the journey and continual impact you can have.

Success is a consequence of Discipline.
Discipline is a consequence of Motivation.
Motivation is a consequence of having a Reason.

Being to stupid to do anything else.

Personally for me , the main motivation is my daughter.
May sounds silly but hope to give her better quality life.

My other reason about her too, hope can have breakthrough and quit my day job so have more flexibility and time with family .

My family, the state of the world, getting out of this country, buying land and living like a hippie (but one with an internet connection, of course)

Providing value to others and finding gaps in strategies to create opportunities:smile:

Seems we all have the same/similar reason which is financial security for oneself and family.

My other motivation is elevating those around me (staff/community) but not in a charity kind of way but more of a we are grow together kinda thing.

I have been living in the Philippines for a few years now and it is motivating to see my employees' life improving due to their hard work/dedication (and good pay). Some have moved out of huts and built a house. Really inspiring.

I have been living in the Philippines for a few years now and it is motivating to see my employees' life improving due to their hard work/dedication (and good pay). Some have moved out of huts and built a house. Really inspiring.

Cool, I would say it takes a special person to make a life in the Philippines. Would you agree?

What do you hire locals for, if you don't mind?

I would agree. Currently I am in Baguio which is the coldest spot in the Philippines and love it. It has the convenience of the big cities while maintaining its small town feel.

My main business is a content service in which we have around 30 writers working remote all around the Philippines. Outside of that, my fiancé and I have a few local businesses and silent partners in a few startups.

at my first job the guy didnt even paid my salary. (Mind you it was 200$/month) Turns out the guy fooled investor into investing in his startup and was a scammer.
I realise how much i was depended on single salary income. iwas broke as hell so even 200$ was huge for me.
I used to work on weends to pay for petrol to travel to the job.

Also i struggled with depressions. Cheating friends , gfs.
I never felt more powerless and alone in my life.

Thats why i grind my heart out everyday. I only count on myself at the end of the day.

Other motivation is to give my family the best of life as they struggled all their life to give me a comfortable lifestyle.

I would say giving others value, learning about SEO, and also earning money. Those are the three main motivators for me. Also, the fact that I can access my website anywhere in the world, i.e. in vacation, and still do the same work I do like I'm sitting at home is great (which motivates me too).

Since motivation changes by life situation, I'll go by period.

High School & College: Winning money at poker was really fun, intellectually satisfying, and a way to stick it to the man. Drove my studying of the game and success.

First Job outta College: How totally shitty 9-5 was motivation enough that I needed to find my own freedom. Nothing made me more mad than making other shmucks rich with my time and being pinned in with a bunch of people just there for a paycheck and have little interest or curiosity in the subject matter (or weren't smart enough to excel). God agencies suck.

***note: Somewhere in this period I asked a very prominent member here to "take a look at my life" and conclusion seemed to be: You're a ship at sea without a captain. I lacked direction. This revelation at 25 years old or so really helped hone my purpose.

Next Job: Owning stock in my next company helped motivate me to feel ownership, maximize shit and help ensure that company got sold. Because once it sold I knew it was my turn.

Currently: Fear not a big motivator. More-so appreciation and acknowledgement, thankfulness of the life I live. In a way I still don't even know, but I just have fun out here being obsessive about improvement of my business and further domination of my niche. I want other marketers to look at what I've built over the years and go "damn you killed it". I'm painting my masterpiece.

Despite how hard I try, there's some projects I have a ton of knowledge about but I just can't pull myself to do a thorough, complete job with them. I even wrote a thread on here one time asking others for motivation on a project I just couldn't bring myself to care about. I've given up on projects I don't love. I'm only interested in going hard on things I absolutely love that I can see the full vision on. Projects that I'm excited to work on instead of dreading.

Last edited:
Back