What kind of people actively hang out at BuSo? (PRE COVID)

No idea I'm not from WickedFire I picked up all my tips at the other WF before it went to shit...

All your choices have consequences.

Olympic athletes play their sport, eat, sleep, do cardio, and lift weights - 80-120 hours a week, actually 24/7. They see everything else as irrelevant. Attorneys at Freshfields work 100+ hours a week. Amazon employees work 80+ hours a week just to keep their job, 90+ hours to considered for a promotion. Anyone that wants to achieve serious success and be at the top of them game doesn’t have this 1980s mantra of “work-life-balance.”

Your brother-in-law that’s a lawyer isn’t the one to go up against Freshfields in anything, unless you want to be served your head on a plate.

Going up against a former Amazon employee who turned business owner is another level of competitiveness that most can’t comprehend.

You going one-on-one with Lebron James, what chance do you have?

These people I mentioned are at the top of their game, they don’t have work-life-balance - not if they are successful.

Elon Musk works 100-120 hours a week. He spends his birthdays working 24 hours on the Tesla factory floor. Bill Gates slept at his office. Steve Jobs slept at is office. Does any of those super successful sound like they have work-life-balance? No.

If you don’t want to be at the top of your game in your field of endeavor that’s fine. Go find your hippy work-life-balance and sing kumbaya with your fellow 99%er.

Just don’t be surprised when your mythical 4 hour work week never materialized the goals and achievements you desire.
I think this wonderful thread can be summarized by this quote.

Actually, it was exactly what I need to hear, I have been thinking about this a lot.

It seems to me there is always a battle between guys who thinks that you have to be obsessed with work and that is the only thing worth respect while others feel threatened by it and try to dismiss that theory.

WickedFire was a shit show but the $ was definitely in the room.

Whatever happened to that one kid who got busted by the feds for the Facebook ad accounts fraud thing? The one, who's father even played his role perfectly during the situation.

Anyone here ever been a friend of Ryan Eagle?

Back