What happened to my analytics?

Degree
Hey everyone,

My site was doing better for the last couple of months with the following stats:

July-87 users
August - 90 users
September - 287 users

But the last 4 days I've had zero users. My google console shows the same level of clicks and my rankings haven't gone down. I figured it was analytics data being fault? Anybody else having this issue?

Did you make any changes to your theme in the last few days that could have caused your analytics code to be displaced?

Hey @TheCurator, no updates or changes to the theme. I was using PixelYourSite for GA tracking but I moved to MonsterInsights today to see if it makes a difference.

Pagespeed looks good and the site is active by all aspects.

You can use your developer tools in the browser to view the source code and make sure the analytics code is actually on the page.

Did you update your plugin before this happened?

It's obvious the analytics code is gone. However you added it, it's now un-added. If you hardcoded it in your theme files and updated your theme, you need to put it back. Maybe you used a plugin and removed the plugin. Maybe you deleted it from Google Tag Manager. Looks like PixelYourSite had a problem or you removed your analytics ID from it.

Back