What Does it Take to Get Accepted into Amazon Affiliates Program?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
Do you need traffic to get accepted into Amazon Associates or is it enough to have a large site with decent content?

Do you need traffic to get accepted into Amazon Associates or is it enough to have a large site with decent content?
You can get accepted with pretty much any site. The requirement is you need to make a sale within the first 3 or 6 months to get fully onboard, otherwise they'll discontinue the account.

Ad networks are where traffic requirements start coming in.

@bernard and @MinstrelJunkie, you also need to "provide additional value". Amazon does manually review your site after you make 3 sales within 90 days (I think it was), and you can get rejected if you're just lazily pasting product details from the listings and whatever. You have to add value, like mentioning products in normal blog posts, or whatever. It gets trickier if you come out of the gates with a "Top 5 Products" style site. Better to get accepted on a real site first.

you can get rejected if you're just lazily pasting product details from the listings and whatever. You have to add value, like mentioning products in normal blog posts, or whatever. It gets trickier if you come out of the gates with a "Top 5 Products" style site. Better to get accepted on a real site first.
So we have to do an actual fleshed out product review first? Curious about the "mentioning products in normal blog posts."

Of the hordes of spammy "reviews" that just shill the product, do you think Amazon think it's more value to do that (comprehensive, longer, more detailed, more features mentioned), or will they think it's worse to just mention related products in a normal post but not give more than a few sentences to it?

Example: DIY plumbing website. The normal blog post consists of a How To for replacing pipes. And then product "pipe cutter" gets mentioned.

Does Mr. Plumber have to have a paragraph/section about this best pipe cutter I've been using for years, it has this feature I can't live with, and 4000 people on Amazon love it or can he just say "I've been using this for years, here's what I recommend, (amazon link)"
And then carry on with the rest of the How To.

Thanks.

Of the hordes of spammy "reviews" that just shill the product, do you think Amazon think it's more value to do that (comprehensive, longer, more detailed, more features mentioned), or will they think it's worse to just mention related products in a normal post but not give more than a few sentences to it?

I think product mentions in regular blog content is valuable and natural. You have people's attention and if they're interested they click. These convert very well, too.

I don't think Amazon expects a zillion words on products even in review posts. They just don't want it to be ad-lib'd crap where you pull everything from the API and add no value. They expect you to have some personality showing, some opinions, some uniqueness, some depth.

Does Mr. Plumber have to have a paragraph/section about this best pipe cutter I've been using for years, it has this feature I can't live with, and 4000 people on Amazon love it or can he just say "I've been using this for years, here's what I recommend, (amazon link)"

This is completely fine. "By the way, this is the one I used for the project and it did great." That's how it works offline in normal conversation.

Question about applying to Amazon.
I have old sites that I just kept on, that are still getting traffic, but never got accepted to Amazon Associates.
I have a new main site that has fresher content but in a wildly different niche.

There's limited space in the Website Description ("What are your websites or mobile apps about?") part in the Amazon application, and for now, I have both listed and have descriptions of each of the sites.

Should I just keep the newer site on in the Website List and Website Description? And remove the older, non updated sites?
The new site is actually updated and is my main focus. The old sites still have more visitors though, but I was able to describe them all in the text box. Thanks.

Question about applying to Amazon.
I have old sites that I just kept on, that are still getting traffic, but never got accepted to Amazon Associates.
I have a new main site that has fresher content but in a wildly different niche.

There's limited space in the Website Description ("What are your websites or mobile apps about?") part in the Amazon application, and for now, I have both listed and have descriptions of each of the sites.

Should I just keep the newer site on in the Website List and Website Description? And remove the older, non updated sites?
The new site is actually updated and is my main focus. The old sites still have more visitors though, but I was able to describe them all in the text box. Thanks.
It's not clear what the situation is. Are you saying that you're concerned about getting a new site approved because you have older sites that didn't get approved still listed? If so, just remove them, I'd say. They aren't benefiting you in any way. If you're saying "they're in the list and I'm just tinkering around and not necessarily trying to get another site accepted" then it doesn't matter in the slightest.

Amazon approves each site now, and traffic doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of the content and whether or not you can get the 3 sales in 90 days or whatever it is on that newest site.

Back