What do you guys think of the new Google StayKeen Pinterest clone? And Google's Stories WP plugin?

Degree
What do you guys think of the new Google "experiment" StayKeen that seems to resemble Pinterest? Same for the stories WP plugin that Google created? Is it worth trying or are we looking at another Google+ that will be canned?

What do you guys think of the new Google "experiment" StayKeen that seems to resemble Pinterest? Same for the stories WP plugin that Google created? Is it worth trying or are we looking at another Google+ that will be canned?

Both will probably go the way of the Dodo bird. Google doesn't seem overly interested in marketing these products. Typically I think they hope SEO's will jump on board because there's usually some kind of boost built into using them, and then it'll spread from there. But normal people don't see Google as anything but tech geek stuff, and even if they do check out their new social media stuff, guess who's already there? Tech geek SEO people. It's not that appealing to normies, I don't think.

Their list of failures are tremendous. Soon we can add AMP to that, and their rip-off of Pinterest, and their rip-off of Instagram and Snapchat, etc. If they had any sense they'd be trying to buy TikTok right now.

Speaking of TikTok, I bet Twitter feels real stupid for buying and shutting down Vine and opening the way for a competitor when Vine was already the only game in town and successful.

Back