What do you guys do for fun?

Degree
What do you guys do for fun?

Obviously we have some gamers because I see some threads about it. What kind of games do you prefer? What platform?

I'm sure we all like movies and music. What types?

Do you have any peculiar hobbies that you'd like to tell us about? What is it about this particular thing that you like so much?

I'll come back and share my answers after others have had a chance!

What's fun? All Work and No Play. I'm a dull boy.

But I like electronic music and some wub-wub when I'm working if I'm in that mood, or real ambient music if I'm in that mood. No lyrics while I'm working.

For movies? Sci-fi. Not shitty action or romance under the guise of Sci-fi, but pure legit sci-fi.

My little ones demand most of my time after work. Thankfully I don't mind helping them out with homework, taking them to their ball games, even helping coach some! They do peter out around 9PM though, and that's when I get some down time... to spend with the wife! :neutral:

Luckily we trade movies or tivo'd shows so I get to see my stuff. I also use the laptop to knock out online work then. She gets mad at times, but she's understanding too. That's my life!

My most peaceful moments are my long drive to work. I roll down the windows and just go in silence. Puts me in the right mindset :cool:

Camping, hunting, fishing... being as far away from the computer as possible.

I find that if I go camping for at least 48 hours, I feel so amazing and free. And it sticks with me for about 3 days afterwards once I return to the hustle and bustle. I wish I could keep that feeling forever.

never been camping. where do i start? can someone make a camping thread maybe?

I love this internet stuff.. We're among those lucky people who's fun is also our jobs.. I think a lot of us are anyways... I love building so that's what I do for fun.

When I'm not at the computer, I'm normally playing guitar at an open mic or as a freelance musician. I also like to build and/or modify my own guitar effects. Of course I wish I had more time to work on that as there's always that quest for the "perfect" tone and I'm nowhere near that point yet.

Music wise, my tastes vary but I'm mostly into Blues, Rock, Indie and Jam Band type stuff. I'm not really a "let's run through our list of cover songs and call it a day" kind of guy and I mostly prefer to work with musicians that are all about creating new music, sometimes on the spot. Like anything else, it's all about finding a good chemistry with other like-minded people, bringing what you have to the table and seeing what happens with it all.

:evil: Diablo 3 :evil:

I'm a homebody. I like to watch movies, goof off on the internet, and play video games.

I like working out; I do it five days a week. It's one of the only things that keeps me sane.

Right now, my work is getting good grades in school, so a part of my fun is learning more about IM and making monaay. lol but otherwise, I love the sea... pretty much anything to do with being in the big blue, I consider fun. Surfing, Scuba, Snorkeling, Sailing, Fishing. Even just going to the beach and splashing around. I hated water-skiing at first because I failed the first time, but I'm slowly getting into it. My boyfriend is very much into camping and the great outdoors. I don't mind camping with him, we have alot of fun *wink*

I like to take photos and write learn about business :smile: I want to turn my websites into real businesses soon. I don't pay attention to dumb stuff anymore. Not like I used to anyways. I used to waste time watching kardashian nonsense... now I do stuff that will improve my life instead :smile:

No lie, websites, traffic, profit are what I do for fun. It's not a career. Just one heck of a lucrative hobby.

vader-golf-o.gif

This mostly.

Back