What do you do with your mediocre projects?

Degree
Hey y'all,

Just like many of affiliate marketeers out there, sometimes I start more projects than i can effectively handle or devote time to. Some of the projects i started got zero traction whatsoever, let's mark them as "failed". Others still get some traffic, although not enough to warrant investing more into them, let's call them "mediocre".

These projects are not completely failed as they bring small amount of revenue from AdSense and an occasional sale from Amazon Affilaite (or two). Let's say you have a couple of websites earning $20-$50 a month from AdSense/Amazon Affilaite/Paid Guest Posts.

The problem is that it takes some set amount of time to publish/negotiate this kind of site sale on flippa or in the facebook groups. The time it takes to sell a website typically makes the ROI for this too low to even bother.

What do you typically do with your mediocre projects? Those that have not completely failed, but that are on the backburner "for now".

I thought of giving one site to my girlfriend to learn basic SEO, but if i did not manage to rank a site in this specific niche with my process, I don't think it is a good seed project to learn from. The results may be just totally underwhelming and could kill motivation to go on.

What is the consensus here? Well, besides letting the abyss of the second page consume them completely over many many months.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Flippa. Takes like 10 minutes to post. People at that range aren't asking a ton of questions. If anyone asks too many questions or wants too much info, just ignore them. Closing takes minimal time after bid/buyout accepted. I think the most time I've spent on any Flippa sale (sales ranging low 4 figs to low 5 figs) was like 3 hours. Very easy process. You must value your time very highly for it not to be worth the $1,000-$2,000~ per site sale.

Sell links from them or use them for linkswaps.

Thanks @JamaicanMoose , this gives perspective. Never actually bothered to do this for such a small site, so i probabaly should list one to see how it goes.

Did you include the paid guest posts / link insertion income as income in the listing?

as per @bernard, been using them for 3 way link swaps and selling links when outreach emails come in. 5 mins for quick $30-$70, great ROI

It would depend on the niches & what the exact situation for them.
If they are still making $, I will update them once in awhile.
If they are receiving traffic but nothing is converting across.
If the project is still interesting enough, I will deep dive and analysis the issue at hand and outweigh the time/cost to attempt to revive it.
Otherwise, I would see if I can sell it for someone who wants to spend the time to make it work
Lastly, if none of the solutions work for me, it would be converted into a testing site for me where I test new methods/techniques.

Back