What did you do before "getting online"?

Degree
Have you had any really lame "real world" jobs that helped push you online? I used to flip burgers and drop fries and I know one thing for sure - I'm never going back to that life. I'm not educated, but I feel like I have what it takes and I've been doing alright so far.

So, what did you do before finding your way online? Did it help develop skills that you're using now or like in my case was your previous work experience totally unrelated?

Hey guys. First post and noticed that this thread was empty so I thought I'd share. I'm TeddyP. I unfortunately still have a lame real world job. I ride a desk and push papers all day. It's lame, but it pays and it's funding my attempts to build a side hustle in the internet marketing world.

I'm nearing 30 year old so when the internet really started popping off, I was online already messing around. I never stopped being an internet and forum junkie, and when I rediscovered making websites and the possibility of making money, I was already ahead of my own curve since I knew HTML and CSS. But things have changed a lot, so there's a lot to learn. I hope to give and take here so we can all grow together.

Hey guys. First post and noticed that this thread was empty so I thought I'd share. I'm TeddyP. I unfortunately still have a lame real world job. I ride a desk and push papers all day. It's lame, but it pays and it's funding my attempts to build a side hustle in the internet marketing world.

I'm nearing 30 year old so when the internet really started popping off, I was online already messing around. I never stopped being an internet and forum junkie, and when I rediscovered making websites and the possibility of making money, I was already ahead of my own curve since I knew HTML and CSS. But things have changed a lot, so there's a lot to learn. I hope to give and take here so we can all grow together.

Welcome to the forum, Teddy. We're all gonna make it bruh.

I finished high school already balling and kept going. Now I'm what you'd call very wealthy, but what I'd call mediocre. I'll triple my income this year and feel a little bit better about it.

I have had a mix of good and bad jobs but mostly bad. I made a little less when I made the move to self-employment and internet-living, but it's started to even out.

I do some local seo off-line for a marketing agency, but the place is awful. This is what inspired to what to work for myself.

I do some local seo off-line for a marketing agency, but the place is awful. This is what inspired to what to work for myself.

Are you learning a lot from them while getting paid for it, stuff that you can apply to your own business? Are there any assets you can leverage for yourself without getting in trouble?

I really don't learn much from them because I know the most at the company, which I guess is good, but i'm only 25(I want to learing, not teaching.). As far as assets go, i'm not sure what your exactly talking about. Could you give a quick example?

Back