What are you listening to?

The ultimate down to earth hustle song:

I've been on a blues kick lately. It's not popular in the US anymore but it's still appreciated in Europe. The Queen of the Blues, Bessie Smith, had a hit with St. Louis Blues in 1926 I think. WC Handy, the composer of the tune, handpicked Bessie to sing it in his 1929 short film of the same name. The only movie of the Queen that ever existed. Once Bessie sang a song, it was hers! No one else could do it better :-) The short was filmed in Astoria Queens NY in 1929 so forgive the picture and sound quality!

My grinding go-to:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1y5Xvya1yqXOMpF6ErmExv?si=lHbD56AjRM2KtCHdIP1ADw

Just dropping this here if anyone needs something more varied than rainymood/binaural beats to get lost in the grind. This is the best playlist that I've found so far, and I've tried many. Minimum vocals, nice beats, great tracks. From classic to electronic. From beats to ambient. And despite the variety, it all somehow still meshes together.

"Now I got a different goal, (be)cause I reached all my old ones"
- That's How I Knew , Nipsey Hussle

This is a mix of the best of the Doors starting at this list:

The Doors are probably my favorite band to listen to under the influence of narcotics (legally prescribed for chronic pain). The depth and nuance and layers in any The Doors song is unmatched by almost all pop music and approaches classical complexity. Riders on The Storm is a great choice to showcase that.

feeling spicy today:

ig model ben fliritng with me lately.... leveling up in life.

As i'm sending out these C&Ds to people using my trademark .. that registration number gets respected or i'm abuot to make money sending lawsuits

Beethoven, recently.

I find Beethoven very stimulating, relaxing and productive to listen to. I wrote some content today listening to Beethoven.

Some studies say that people prone to boredom can benefit from listening to classical. Other studies are less clear about the effect of classical.

Back