What are the best websites to sell websites / stores now?

GNews

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Degree
What are the best websites to sell websites / stores now?

Just wondering.

I come from the old school and just wanted to pick brains for things that might be on top of your head.

Is Flippa still even realistic? Others?

I would go with FE International, Thomas Smale is a well-rounded individual and knows how to sell a digitial asset.

Another great one is Empire Flippers.

I would personally stay away from Flippa because there is so many scams there, it's not worth the risk. It would definitely save you a lot of headache if you go through a brokerage like Empire Flippers or FE.

You asset must be making $x,xxx+ per month though for these two marketplaces usually. Lowest monthly profit listing on Empire right now is $1,193, and on FE it's a whole different ball game.

Interesting. Thanks.
There was one before with 'LIght' in the name. Happen to know what it is?

I'm always looking to purchase a profitable affiliate/content or ecommerce business. Hit me up if you're looking to sell

Another -1 for Flippa.

Their policies are ridiculous, their support is ridiculous.

I won an auction for a domain, the seller flaked on the sale and disappeared, which he had done before in at least 1 past auction based on other negative feedback on his profile.

Flippa wouldn't let me leave the seller negative feedback to warn anyone, since the transaction was never finalized (I won the auction, seller never replied, somehow that's not a valid reason to leave negative feedback according to Flippa.)

They also REMOVED the previous negative feedback that someone else had left the first time this seller ghosted on one of their auctions. Seriously. They looked into my complaint about the seller vanishing, and not only did they decide to remove his previous negative feedback unrelated to this auction... but here's the advice they gave me on how to proceed:

Flippa's suggestion to me was to setup a notification for the domain, so that I'd get an email if it's ever relisted by this seller.

Yeah, for real. Multiple auctions where the seller just disappears, and Flippa will still allow them to list it again, and won't let people leave negative feedback to warn others than the seller isn't legit.

I'll actually throw a +1 out for Flippa when it comes to low level sales. I've had good luck - actually just wrapped up a sale there very recently.

Yes, you have to navigate around spammy/scammy behavior, but there are real buyers on that site. Use their escrow service.

I'll actually throw a +1 out for Flippa when it comes to low level sales. I've had good luck - actually just wrapped up a sale there very recently.

Yes, you have to navigate around spammy/scammy behavior, but there are real buyers on that site. Use their escrow service.

What are the typical scam signs?

Also what do you consider 'low level sells' ?

Lets call low level anything under what is listed on FE/EF.

As for scams, I am seeing lots of new accounts, people low balling offers (10x multiples for quality sites), and just anything else that doesn't feel right in your gut. If you know the basics of selling a property (multiple to expect, how to do the transfer, how to communicate, how to present your property) and you use escrow, you should be pretty safe.

Yes I sold my website on Flippa for $5500 two months back, as long as you use escrow you should be fine

One of the main issues with Flippa if you have a serious property is that you're outting your entire operation for everyone to see. Tons of people watch Flippa for niches and sites they can reverse engineer. A lot of them will ask for access to your Analytics too. You can tell who's dumb and who isn't by who's commenting stuff like "What's the reserve?" Every time I've sold on Flippa (smaller sales) I just skip all that nonsense and put a Buy-It-Now price up.

On Flippa I've seen a lot of people complaining about people buying a site, getting you to transfer the domain and files, and then saying "it's no good" to Escrow. Meanwhile they keep their money and your domain and you have to go through a ton of crap with Escrow and the registrar to get it back.

The most annoying thing is people bidding up your auctions and disappearing, or posting auctions and disappearing. I'm not sure if they've fixed this yet, but they should let you offer it to the 2nd highest bidder, and third, rather than having to start over like it was in the past.

The nice thing about FEI (not sure about Empire Flippers, haven't used them) is that everything is confidential when they're pitching your site around, and if you want any details you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement, which if found out to be broken later (like you went and created a site in that niche and targeted the same keywords) you're going to be in a world of trouble.

One of the main issues with Flippa if you have a serious property is that you're outting your entire operation for everyone to see. Tons of people watch Flippa for niches and sites they can reverse engineer. A lot of them will ask for access to your Analytics too. You can tell who's dumb and who isn't by who's commenting stuff like "What's the reserve?" Every time I've sold on Flippa (smaller sales) I just skip all that nonsense and put a Buy-It-Now price up.

On Flippa I've seen a lot of people complaining about people buying a site, getting you to transfer the domain and files, and then saying "it's no good" to Escrow. Meanwhile they keep their money and your domain and you have to go through a ton of crap with Escrow and the registrar to get it back.

The most annoying thing is people bidding up your auctions and disappearing, or posting auctions and disappearing. I'm not sure if they've fixed this yet, but they should let you offer it to the 2nd highest bidder, and third, rather than having to start over like it was in the past.

The nice thing about FEI (not sure about Empire Flippers, haven't used them) is that everything is confidential when they're pitching your site around, and if you want any details you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement, which if found out to be broken later (like you went and created a site in that niche and targeted the same keywords) you're going to be in a world of trouble.

Thanks. I have some great domains and sites but I feel like my 5 years in affiliate marketing have left me pretty useless in the web world. I do want to keep 2 sites though but, the real 'hit' right now is gone.

I'm going to run with FE International. I agree, it looks way better and they have an impressive sales ratio.

The reserve engineering on Flippa indeed is an annoying thing. I have the BEST / perfect domain name for my niche but I dont even know if me trying to rank it is the right move. So many changes in what is/isn't good, it blew my mind.

(not sure about Empire Flippers, haven't used them)

Stick with FE.

Empire, well... They could sell your sites for good money, but they're morally dubious or plain stupid when it comes to doing their background checks.

Some cheeky fella sells with them regularly who ranks his sites with PBNs... Remove, re-point, repeat. Discovered this after helping one of the unfortunate buyers.

Thanks. Hopefully they will consider my site. I dont have much history but the niche is clear.
I'm doing some attempts at SEO work while I wait though. The money's flying with the niche but i need to take out competition and rank.

Empire, well... They could sell your sites for good money, but they're morally dubious or plain stupid when it comes to doing their background checks.

100%. They have some absolute turds in their inventory for sale.

One guy in my contact recently completed selling his website through FE and he had a very smooth transaction throughout the process. So I will recommend Thomas in case you are looking for safe purchase.

FE International and Empire Flippers are great quality. What if I'm looking for cheaper sites? Say < $10k. Flippa seems to be the only one that sells at that price point

From my experience, Flippa is OK for smaller sites (which generate less than $1K per month).
For websites with $1K+ income - Empire Flippers is a great choice. I doubt you can find other places to sell the website with X30 to X40 multiplier.

Okay. I'm 6 months in now. I've done $18k in sales and only about $16k after refunds/chargebacks/fees for processing. I actually didn't respond to about 6 chargebacks while i was moving around, enjoying beating my struggles.

Now I'm interested in selling.

My site is 1 product and can easily be scaled with more offerings (broaden the store).

I want to sell and buy an apartment if I can get a reasonable sum.

What would you all expect me to get for this project at this point? I've not even done a promotion in MONTHS and i still get $2k a month. When i was promoting, I was getting $4k a month.

I lost focus/time b/c i had my business #2 get acquired by a bigger company and it requires a change of focus for 3 months. ... + i was just enjoyign fruits of labor after a solid 2 months of fighting the struggle.

Thoughts? Tips?

Okay. I'm 6 months in now. I've done $18k in sales and only about $16k after refunds/chargebacks/fees for processing. I actually didn't respond to about 6 chargebacks while i was moving around, enjoying beating my struggles.

Now I'm interested in selling.

My site is 1 product and can easily be scaled with more offerings (broaden the store).

I want to sell and buy an apartment if I can get a reasonable sum.

What would you all expect me to get for this project at this point? I've not even done a promotion in MONTHS and i still get $2k a month. When i was promoting, I was getting $4k a month.

I lost focus/time b/c i had my business #2 get acquired by a bigger company and it requires a change of focus for 3 months. ... + i was just enjoyign fruits of labor after a solid 2 months of fighting the struggle.

Thoughts? Tips?
If the site has been making $2k per month for an average of 6 months, you can expect to sell it for anywhere between $50k - $80k. There’s a lot of factors that determine the price, such as risk, potential, backlink profile, traffic diversity, to name a few.

for an average of 6 months, you can expect to sell it for anywhere between $50k - $80k. There’s a lot of factors that determine the price, such as risk, potential, backlink profile, traffic diversity, to name a

Perfect More than I had aimed for but perfect.

Where exactly would I get a reasonable sale like this?

cost of product was about $2600. Probably another $1600-$2000 in shipping expenses. After that, it's pretty much profit .

Last edited:
Perfect More than I had aimed for but perfect.

Where exactly would I get a reasonable sale like this?

cost of product was about $2600. Probably another $1600-$2000 in shipping expenses. After that, it's pretty much profit .

You’ll need to deduct any costs in the valuation, it’s monthly profit that counts, not revenue.

Back