What’s 1 change you made that increased conversions?

ew3

Degree
Is there any change you’ve made to your site that noticeably increased conversions for you?

For example adding popups, decreasing page load time, etc?

Personally I have noticed (in e-commerce) offering free shipping on the checkout page increased conversions.
Any other simple changes like this that you noticed help boost conversions?

- Increase speed on mobile product pages

- Remove useless plugins "you think" are helping you convert but they are not. For example, we noticed on a few client ecom sites that they use support/helpdesk plugins. In reality, they are being used for customer to submit complaints/questions AND not being used for sale/product questions, so ultimately they are not helping sales and need to be removed.

- Better images of the product

- Explainer videos of the product and what it does, its specs, etc.. This would apply if you are selling electronics rather than apparel.

Plenty more things you can do. I would recommend you spend a day going through analytics and let the data tell you what to do

What has worked really good for me is an exit popup shown to visitors who are leaving your store. The popup shows a unique discount code which I can track. The one that I'm using is called Upsell Popup (Shopify). @LinkPlate is correct, good images and explainer videos are a must.

Are we talking e-commerce? If so, I only have personal experience as a consumer and that is, to make the checkout process as easy possible. That is by far the worst for me, if I have to create an account or whatever, if it isn't necessary.

On my affiliate sites, I like to give my visitors multiple choices of what they want to see at the vendor. If I review a product, I will have a price table with the cheapest price, but I will also have an option to see all the products in that category at the vendor and if you can buy on a payment plan, I link that too and then I finally link to a "on sale" section on my own site, in case they didn't like the price.

By doing that, I hope to give the visitor a feeling that they're in control and making an informed conscious decision. I have quite high value pr. visitor on my sites, some pages as much as $3-$4 pr. visitor, which is why I can also run PPC to them, now that I figured out how to track it properly.

Putting up buy buttons and call now buttons. No matter how shitty.

If u don’t ask u don’t get the business.

Still the same as ever was - 20 years on and people are still not putting Steve Krug's 'big red buttons' in logical places.

Two questions I used to have when I did stuff for other people:
* what do you want to happen on this page?
* why and how should a visitor do what you want?

Last edited:
-Added real pictures of product (not just promotional, or with edited background)
-Added extra payment options (original was only wire transfer)
-Reduced "clicks to purchase"
-Placed "BUY" button above the fold. Product info below.
-For some products, just raise the price. Quality products aren't cheap.
-Gave "signs of recent activity" on my website. Something like "Products added last week".

Not sure if this one helped, but also made a page telling people why we are better than 99% of competitors. With video evidence.

Without sounding like "that guy", over the past 4 years we've grown our conversion rate on our Shopify store from around 1% to just over 6%. Unfortunatley, there's insn't one specific test that's resulted in that leap - it's been more a case of testing, learning and repeating the process.

My biggest mindshift was to stop always trying to hit it out the park. If something generates more sales, roll it out regardless. 100 changes that get you 1 more sale a day will have a big impact over time.

All this said, if your pagespeed is slow your conversions are going to suffer and if your site looks like a dropshipping special then you'll struggle.

Above the fold product boxes/comparison tables/lists.

Get the user what they need first, then expand the topic below. I'm amazed at how many people click through to the offer after browsing literally just for a couple of seconds.

You should set up experiments and see what works. Once you get on the right path you can incrementally improve on the success to drive it up.

Adding a comparison table above the fold makes an almost instant positive difference in my experience.
Maybe those people would have clicked further down the page anyway, but you'll never know, so why not get it as soon as you can?

As people have already said, adding a comparison table helped to increase conversions. I went a step further and added a product box right under the title of the page, before the introduction. The best product and the cheapest product with bullet points and a buy now button, wrapped in a nice looking box. Amazon spends millions on CRO so if people click, they will most likely buy.

I also installed heatmaps and it's crazy how many people click on these first buttons without reading any of the article. People are lazy and want quick solutions to their problems, so give it to them.

From back in my Ad Operations career days the Media Sales teams were always asking Ad Ops folks like me to help them increase Ad conversions. I remember I would try to increase the frequency of certain profitable money-making Ads (pop ups, leaderboards, billboards, MPUs, skyscrapers etc) in the Adserver to show more times than others.

As others have said, above the fold tables help immensely with conversion. I also changed the deault AAWP CTA from "buy on amazon" to "CHECK AMAZON", as well as removing the price, so they have more incentive to click through

Back