Website Randomly loading an Adult Site Content

infotech

To each his own
Degree
I have a static website which is randomly loading an adult site. It is not redirecting, i.e. urlbar shows my website domain with "Connection is not secure (Parts of this page are not secure)" on firefox.

This is static website hosted on netlify with cloudflare + ezoic.

I have only jquery and related plugins which I also think to be clean.

I don't believe to my computer/router to be hacked because it is only happening with my website.

Only 5-10% of requests are malicious.

Website analytics is also normal.

My limited knowledge suspects that this could be DNS poisoning issue but unlikely because cloudflare/ezoic/netlify/ are pretty secure companies.

I have written to ezoic but yet to hear back from them.

What could be happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what could be causing this but just in case you haven't done so already, I would turn Ezoic down to 0% and ensure there's no Adsense on the non-Ezoic version of your site. Just in case, so you don't catch a ban.

This also happens on major sites like Imgur.com, randomly one of their advertisers inject JavaScript successfully that creates an iframe and redirects the content users see. Remove all your ADs then check to see if the problem continues, if it is solved then it is a bad advertiser in one of your AD networks.

If the problem continues then it is a plugin. But I an curious how you have a “static” site yet have “plugins”, unless you mean libraries.

Also nothing is secure, not cloudflare, netlify, nor ezoic. If Facebook and major internet companies can get hacked so can smaller companies. Even Facebook occasionally has the same problems with advertisers.

yes, i meant jquery libraries.

By secure I meant that these companies usually inform about outages and attacks publicly. I searched their forum for similar topics, nothing came up, so assumed fault would be at my end.

Anyway, Ezoic support just got back. They said that they are aware of this issue and currently investigating.
This issue is only affecting tiny percentage of users so they didn't bother to inform publicly. :wonder:
Even their tech team hasn't been able to replicate this issue.

Yeah, it's not a huge issue worth sending out a notice. Ad networks simply get bad advertisers that get caught eventually through their automated means. But sometimes they slip through. I was playing a flash game earlier and the site has ads that re-load every few minutes, and one of the redirected me to some fake "your computer has viruses" page. Pissed me off but the game auto-saved so it was all good.

Back