We Often Talk About Diversifying Our Digital Assets..

GarrettGraff

Cui Bono?
Degree
But how many of you diversify your business holdings past digital?

For example, I'm obviously involved in Reach Creator, but also diversify my income by building our own sites so that all of our eggs aren't in one basket. Beyond digital, I also I'm also involved in farming, small manufacturing projects and direct mail. While I'm not worried, there is always the risk in the back of my head that all this fun Google stuff will go away one day, and then what?

I know a few others here are working on other projects but I'll let them chime in!

I have a background in financial services, so I invest in the markets pretty regularly. Basic value investing that kind of follows the "millionaire fastlane" ideals.

My first restaurant will be opening Spring/Summer '19. I have two other partners in this venture. Our plan is to open multiple upscale casual spaces that each focus on doing a specific cuisine as authentic as possible. This means lots of traveling to maintain that authenticity. The first one is going to be a Japanese Robata Grill.... skewers, steam buns, ramen. WOOT!

Beyond that, I'll be looking to invest in existing businesses as a silent partner. I'm mostly looking for opportunities in verticals that are complimentary to digital marketing. Hoping to have a nice little network of companies that all support each other.

P.S. - WTF are you doing in direct mail?

Nice!

Well, not a whole lot as of yet.. It has been on the back burner for a couple years doing nothing. I ended up making a mailing list that is very targeted at a specific demographic, and you can't purchase this type of list from any of the major data companies.

Speaking of investing.. all the cryptographic currencies took a killing again, time to pump and dump :D

Speaking of investing.. all the cryptographic currencies took a killing again, time to pump and dump :D

I threw a little bit of $$ at BTC when it hit it's floor yesterday. It was literally this week last year when it started its run up to $18k per coin.

Taking website money and starting my buy to let empire this year. Buying two properties this year straight cash so the banks can suck it.

Looking forward to spreading into real world money because while life is good online at the minute I genuinely do not believe that in five years this model (seo based anyway) will be viable at the scale I need it to operate for my business to make sense.

Search is becoming a zero click game and that should start bells ringing for many people on this forum.

Taking website money and starting my buy to let empire this year. Buying two properties this year straight cash so the banks can suck it.

Nice! I'm also hoping to do the same thing here in The States during the next market correction.. I'm hoping things hang on another 24-36 months so I can buy in cash as well, but time shall tell.

Search is becoming a zero click game and that should start bells ringing for many people on this forum.

Agreed. But what won't be going away is PPC, which is something I intend to spread into. A very wise and successful man told me not to long ago that the key to PPC is having your own offer. That's what I'm working towards before I go down that road.

Otherwise, I'm also gearing up to offer a service. Why be the guy digging for gold only when you can dig for gold and sell shovels and blue jeans? Pretty much everyone that's hitting much larger successes are doing so through offering a service to fund their lifestyle and their own products. I'm going to transition in that direction as well instead of having everything staked on being able to fight Google, algo change after algo change.

I'd like to do something in meatspace if I had the right idea. My own product fueled by PPC and traditional marketing will be largely online but is a physical product, so hopefully that can pivot me into the real world a bit more too.

PPC is where I came from. I always laughed at SEO guys waiting months on a ranking... how times have changed lol. I want to get into PPC again while the SEO cash is flowing it, along with property, seems like a solid way to diversify.

Re owning an offer - yep thats where the real $ is.

I used to own a biz op back in the day and even though I was small fry compared to some of the big guys on the networks I was still making a killing. I miss those days so perhaps it is time to get back in the paper click game, albeit with a legit white hat offer.

I love the idea of native for some reason... not sure why lol

This seems wasteful. Interest rates aren't that bad. Why not do more with the $$?

Because if it all hits the shits with the website side of the business the last thing I want is to be scrambling to rebuild a web business whilst sweating my balls off waiting on the bank taking my houses away too.

What would you do with $300k out of interest?

How do you all have time for all of this stuff?!? I have a 40-hour regular job, plus I’m putting in about 15 hours on a website. I can’t find time for my other site and I don’t have kids. You folks are rockstars! I wish I could get more things in the fire.

Basic value investing that kind of follows the "millionaire fastlane" ideals.

Same here. I don’t make enough money to live, but all of the money I do take out of my company goes into a dividend stocks money system. I’m still working on developing my strategy and figuring out what to buy to hold. It is a brutal learning process, but it is all “extra” money that I’m putting in so losses don’t cost any lost sleep.

very fortunate to be asked to build a new eComm biz with a very experienced partner. physical product sales, something we are both very excited about. getting into a more traditional business model and applying my digital knowledge along the way should pay dividends.

If all goes well and the biz grows like we predict then hopefully move on to a new house and keep the current as a rental property for some side income.

The future is wide open and if it looks anything like the dreams in my head, starting to cash out of SEO properties is on the near horizon.

I have not diversified past digital, but past months I have started learning PPC as a diversification from SEO. I think working in PPC teaches a lot of useful skills and more importantly a way of thinking that is always relevant even when the market conditions change.

In PPC you can basically be a high-salary independent contractor, always moving to new verticals, traffic sources where the potential is highest and this gives you a safety net for your SEO, Amazon FBA or other businesses.

Of course, your PPC efforts can evolve into an asset like media buying company too.

What does anyone think about hiring a media buying company?

Not mentioning any names but theres a guy in a pink shirt that offers this service and it looks like an interesting way to diversify out by outsourcing paid traffic to a funnel

Speaking of diversifying digital assets, anyone else suffering from the crypto dump?

I am not, but have been buying heavily lately. Very long term planning for me.

I do
- Main income: media buying, Facebook ads.
- Portfolio of money sites, mainly with SEO traffic (Amazon, Adsense, Affiliate/lead gen). Very passive, with some work done every month.
- I own an office space, where I rent out seat (hot desks, daily/weekly), monthly coworking and private offices. It's around 8500 sq ft. This is just getting cash flow positive now. An example, we've rented it out or 3 days for events, with a total revenue for 4800 USD.

All thought the two first income streams are online, they are to a large degree separate. I.e. one site loses traffic, but FB is still fine, and the other way around. The office space is totally separate, and even though it's not making a lot, it will be a long-term asset that we can hopefully scale to several locations. We've developed a business model around it, where we rent long-term at very low rates, and refurnish the buildings completely.

If we can make more on the media buying side, there's two options I'd like to explore in 2020 (2019 is already planned, scale what we have), which are SAAS in online marketing space, and potentially buy a small apartment in the city here and rent out.

Invested a good % of my salary from when I had a job in dividend stocks (mostly REITS). The purpose was for safety.. it pays the rent, health care, electricity, internet.

I guess I've done it in the reverse of many entrepreneurs. Now that I have my safety net I'm investing solely in my own businesses.

I'd like to buy a multi-family or multi-purpose (commercial+residential) building at some stage.

I've been stagnant for the past few years doing the same kind of services whilst having side hustle projects to keep me busy. I am going to get into building out lead gen projects and site flipping starting this year. I want more long term assets that I own or share a percentage of in things I am interested in.

Back