Was playing around with serp shaker and got deindexed..

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Will it affect my main site since they're both in webmaster tools?

I'm not sure If I got deindexed but all the pages I built with it are no longer in Google. Only pages left are the contact and home page.

I'm not sure If I got deindexed but all the pages I built with it are no longer in Google. Only pages left are the contact and home page.
So you got your second site deindexed or your moneysite?

So you got your second site deindexed or your moneysite?
Test domain. I was being curious and wanted to experiment.

I'm just worried now my main site will be affected in some way.

They aren't connected in any way other than they are both in webmaster tools.

tJaBJjl.gif

You're most likely going to be fine. People worry about what you're outlining (i.e. footprint) for larger projects. You won't be hurting anything on this small of a scale.

In the future don't add these test spam projects to any Google services. Statcounter, Piwik, etc. Webmaster Tools verification won't actually give you a SERP boost, just gives you insights in order to boost your site.

You're most likely going to be fine. People worry about what you're outlining (i.e. footprint) for larger projects. You won't be hurting anything on this small of a scale.

In the future don't add these test spam projects to any Google services. Statcounter, Piwik, etc. Webmaster Tools verification won't actually give you a SERP boost, just gives you insights in order to boost your site.

Damn I thought I had to submit my sitemap to webmaster tools to get it indexed, thanks for the tips. wont be doing that again lol

OH wow..
While Julian is right and you'll probably not experience fallout, there are some lessons here:

Number 1
You don't have to use any google tools to get indexed.
Create a link somewhere and you're golden. (Never took me any amount of time to get indexed)

Number 2
Using a spam tool directly on your money site? That is registered with Google?
Not a good idea.
Spammy tools should be used cautiously on tier 2, more freely on tier 3.
Never on your prime target.

Number 3
If you don't know the fallout of a specific tool (serpShaker here), use it on some tier 3 sites to test.

::emp::

Damn I thought I had to submit my sitemap to webmaster tools to get it indexed

Nah but if you make a link for it in your footer or somewere it might help the crawlers index all your pages faster.

for fast indexation throw a few twitter and/or facebook links at it, and make sure those social accounts has some age and a few posts to them allready that ought to do the trick

Damn I thought I had to submit my sitemap to webmaster tools to get it indexed, thanks for the tips. wont be doing that again lol

Nah, if Google forced people to do that they would be pissed. Sitemap in general is just best practice but it's much older. It's understandable why people still think it's crucial. For indexing and the priority of content Google will rely less on the sitemap.

I messed up my earlier message too and I meant to put 'Statcounter, Piwik, etc' for alternatives for Google Analytics which you should also avoid for spam. A footprint would mean anything to connect these sites together that search engines can pick out.

Edit: What @emp said I just want to make clear that it's not all cases where you don't use spam to money site and not every spam campaign is using tiered links. While obvious to you I'm just making sure to be picky with words/phrasing since @built is playing with spam.

Last edited:
I concur.
However, that site was not a spam site, but a local focused site .

He still decided to go ahead with spamming it.

::emp::

It was more of a test domain, I found serp shaker for free so I wanted to test it out and see if it would actually work.

So I created a site around chiropractors and then used serp shaker to build out all the pages.

Then I sat and watched what happened, started to rank on the second page, close to the first page.

Then all my pages dissapeared.

The main thing I was worried about was putting this test site in webmaster tools and how it would effect my main site I am working on.

Last edited:
Way to out your own domain, broski.

btw, those pages that got "deindexed" will likely trickle back in.

See if this help google recrawling your site:
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url

Sites to ping on wordpress https://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options-writing.php:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=kFEksG4H

Wordpress sitemap plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/

Posting to social media with buffer/ifttt:
twitter, facebook, linkedin, google plus

Google will crawl your site if you post to google plus to retrieve h1, plus any meta tags if any.

You can pin some images from your site to pinterest as well. Pinterest's red hower-over button, pasteable to footer.php before </ body>, pinterest's got a script builder on dev.pinterest.com/somewhere. You can google it.:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" async defer  data-pin-color="red" data-pin-height="28" data-pin-hover="true" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

I get google on my site immediately after posting to social.

If you watch your webserver log, you can see who is making calls to your site and files.

in the case of nginx, the following code run as root can show your log rolling:
tail -f /var/log/nginx/access.log

If nothing works, the wordpress plugin above can ping major search engines:
https://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=google-sitemap-generator/sitemap.php

You can bookmark buffer's add url to avoid installing their plugin, you'll need an account, then be logged in to use it:
Buffer

Last edited:
Back