Video and Article for Same Content

Degree
I have started to create product review articles and then do a video on the product review as well. I then link the video (YouTube) to the website and the website to the video. I'm wondering if this can hurt me in any way and what people think about doing this.

I'm currently doing it for products, but to be honest, I could do it for almost all the articles. I don't know if it would hurt my site as more people may watch the videos and visit the site less or if it will elevate it.

I was a YouTuber before blogging, so the videos, I think, are solid. I'm unsure if I want to compete with myself for search results, as the current channel is new and not monetized. I know I could get it monetized. I have done it four times before, but it is a lot of work and time.

Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts on this. Should I continue to do it? Should I do it for more than just products?

Who cares if you compete with yourself in Google. You get a slot either way. The benefit of doing both is you get to compete in both Google and Youtube separately. And either way you end up capturing some amount of sales.

You also get the benefit of embedding videos in your posts and not benefiting any competitors. You get to add that positive ranking signal to your pages. You get to have people who wouldn't have seen your Youtube video see it on your posts, and vice versa. It's a win-win.

You're also going to be building out real brand and EEAT signals, which will further help with your site. "Be everywhere at all times" is some of the best advice I've ever heard out there (regarding omni-channel marketing) which incidentally ends up boosting the hell out of your SEO plays. Google wants to rank real brands.

Thanks for the insight. I just wanted to ensure I was going in the right direction before I put my foot down on the pedal! I'll keep going, and thanks for the feedback.

@Kevinsmak EMBED the video so you can get views from your page. You will also get the benefit of the link via the embed, so it's a win win.

I make supporting videos for my articles, upload them to YT, and then embed the YT video in the article. Would it be better for SEO if I use some other embedded player like MV video player or Vimeo instead of YT?

I can still upload the videos to YT but for embedding in the article maybe just use Vimeo? Because anyone can really embed a YT video into their article right? can google tell that the video is mine? The YT channel about page links to my website.

I do similar...make a blog post, and create a youtube vid going over the same...since 'Google loves Google', embed the video into my blog post, and link to the blog post via my YT description...I dont worry about recip linking or any of that nonsense considering...
Just helps tie the entity together, leverage G's wonderful narcissism, and is good for actual readers/viewers as well depending on how they want to consume my content.

You can even make the video entirely from a lightly edited version of your content entirely using AI now. In your own voice if you wish (or pretty good version thereof). I've been playing with pictory and elevenlabs.

You can even make the video entirely from a lightly edited version of your content entirely using AI now. In your own voice if you wish (or pretty good version thereof). I've been playing with pictory and elevenlabs.
I've invideo. Haven't tried it out yet though.

What image/video clips do you use in the video? Custom made or stock footage?

I've invideo. Haven't tried it out yet though.

What image/video clips do you use in the video? Custom made or stock footage?
I've only tested it for informational content/blog posts, haven't really scaled it up yet but thinking of ideas/ways to use it more at the moment.

I don't suppose you could do it for a product review as the AI video maker picks suitable stock images and footage to go along with the text (you can pick different ones) so I guess it wouldn't really be very authentic or useful in that context.

I can still upload the videos to YT but for embedding in the article maybe just use Vimeo? Because anyone can really embed a YT video into their article right? can google tell that the video is mine? The YT channel about page links to my website.

Is there a reason you wouldn't want other sites to embed your YT video? You get credit for the views even if it's embedded on other sites, so I think it's a win-win. And if you upload a Vimeo vid for your site embed, you won't get the aggregate benefit of the site + YT.com views for the YT algorithm.

Imo, it's better to consolidate into Youtube and embed the video on your site.

As a side note, I'm run AdThrive ads, so I upload my videos directly to the adthrive player for my site bc the RPM is so much better than YT. But the drawback is that the views don't help out the YT algorithm.

Is there a reason you wouldn't want other sites to embed your YT video? You get credit for the views even if it's embedded on other sites, so I think it's a win-win.
I believe that having a YT video on the topic does demonstrate experience to Google, so rather than YT revenue or views I'm mostly concerned about the SEO benefits to the article. If anyone can embed it how will google understand that it's my video?

I've decided to just go with YT.

Back