Vector Embeds (AI?) for Redirects

Degree
I came across this post and while I don't really understand the technical details, it seems that instead of manually or (.*) redirecting old domains to new domains, you run all the content through this process (which I think uses AI) to find the most relevant redirects (because Google will ignore irrelevant redirects) and then redirect based on that.

Anyone come across something similar? Seems like it would be an insanely valuable tool/service to offer.

Eg, provide link to old site/URL. Tool gets content via wayback machine (or maybe you even manually upload your old Wordpress DB). Provide new domain and existing sitemap. Tool crawls that. Does its thing and outputs the redirect rules. Budda bing budda boom.

Another option to do this in a more manual fashion but with results directly from Google would be to take the main topic of the old page that is ready to be redirected, and search for that topic on your target site within Google.

So if your old page is about "durable porch umbrellas" and you're looking for the most relevant page on your current site to absorb the redirect, you'd go to Google and search site:currentsite.com durable porch umbrellas and let Google feed you the pages they think are most relevant, in order from most relevant to least.

Obviously if you're dealing with 100,000 pages or far more, like Overstock and BedBathAndBeyond are dealing with, any automated assistance will be useful like described in that post. I don't think it's necessary for sites within the 300 or less pages range. I'm not sure it's going to be more accurate than doing it manually either, if it's a manageable amount of pages and you're familiar with the target/current site.

Back