Using content marketing and SEO to drive App installs

Degree
A startup that is backed by a few notable silicon valley investors in my niche is doing this and I'll write it here.

So, they do content marketing on their website. Let's say the query is "rice cooker brownie recipes" and the call to action is to view the recipe. When you click on the call to action, it presents you the QR code to download the app or the links to the App Store or Marketplace. Then you can download the app and view the brownie rice cooker recipe on the app.

I know CCarter has been talking about ways to get traffic outside of SEOs for ages but this is how to get SEO traffic and funnel it into something you fully own. Now, with app installs and return visits to the app, the company relies less on Google traffic. Brilliant. Let's say they branded their app as a recipes app. The user knows the branding and now goes to the app for recipes. Bam! No marketing needed and that's a repeat customer.

This is some Silicon Valley shit.

Edit: to clarify, the call to action is "buy now" but instead of going to a check out page, the website presents users with the app download where they can perform the purchase on the app. It's e-commerce and not recipes.

Back