Useful Content Readability Tools.

Mahjong

山外有山 人外有人
Degree
You always want to be clear when you speak through your content to your audience, if they can't understand what you've trying to communicate, your hard work and time goes to waste, content readability is the main point of each successful article, post or comment you make on your own website or when you drive traffic (leak traffic).

Content readability tools help us to verify if we really answer these problems:
- Easy explanation of ideas
- Giving a solution for to a problem.
- Establish old or new information.

All these are crucial to our businesses, better use readability checking tools to identify if your content good or not:

Free:

Word Count Tool: (Score is indexed at the top of the page easy to use.)

Readability Formulas: (Very detailed about the readability score, it indexes everything you need to know.)

Juicy Studio Readability Service: (Very detailed but this one works when you feed it websites pages.)

Web Page FX Readability Test Tool: (Great tool effective and graphically impressive easy to read too.)

Online Utility Readability Test and Improve: (This one suggest even which sentence or sentences you should fix, scoring isn't calculated in total so you may avoid the scoring system.)

Datayze Redability Analyzer: (Second best to me, has two additional tools one for "Difficult and Extraneous Word" and the other for "Passive Voice" detection, scoring is very detailed, you can use the passive voice tool is a reliable one)

Paid:

Readable(dot)io: (Easy to use but after you reach a limit of 5 tries you need to pay for their service, isn't bad but still premium option is a bit sceptically to me)

Clarity Grader: (Completely paid, tested their service once, its useful and detailed but the choice is yours if it fits your needs)

If the grade level is higher than 9 is bad, anything under 9 and above 5 is better or perfect. These tools aren't perfect, do not rely on them completely make sure to check it manually.

P.S: Google each of these tools cause the rules of this forum restrict to put or promote services out of a specific section, I have no intent to promote anything, to make sure of that I didn't include URL's (links or whatever you call them).

Google this to know how to read those scores:
"How to use... Readability Scores" (with quotes)

Score of this article is (Using Readability Formulas):

Based on 8 readability formulas, we have scored your text:
Grade Level: 13
Reading Level: difficult to read.
Reader's Age: 18-19 yrs. old (college level entry)

:smile: very bad score, my English is shitty.
祝你今天愉快 = Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I think every one of these tools should have bricks tied to their feet and plunge to the bottom of the Atlantic.

Slang, jargon, and improper grammer (<~ #ohaiguys(:smile: can be some of the most captivating content you can ever produce... not to mention grabs the attention of readers in a totally different way, compared to all the bullshit they normally come across. Fuck readability, match the content to the audience.

#thatmomentyourealizethebenefitfornonnativeenglishwritersfacepalm

1) Disregard.
2) Acquire currency.

Thanks for this! I've been meaning to find a few services that do exactly this so that I may replicate the functionality, but when a user uploads their piece I immediately push their content for publication into a PBN for indexing.

allyourbase.jpg

Seriously though, this is not a good idea.
It doesn't solve the underlying problem, it merely defers it.

@Mahjong don't know if you got the gist of what I was trying to put forth- which is to be wary of such tools. (especially if they are free)

Ah! Okay, thank you for pointing to that.

You meant, that when you put your article on one of these free websites, maybe they plagiarize your content and publish it on those PBN's (Private Blog Network) I just learned this yesterday :smile:

Last edited:
I get that you're trying to be helpful and contribute, that is great. I hope to see you continue growing and be successful.

Having said that, you're new to this so please do not make posts as if you're an authority and telling people what they should or shouldn't do. It only serves to confuse other newbies who don't know you're also a newbie.

Once you get more experience, then yes, by all means please do make posts based on your own experience to help others.

In the meantime, read a little, do a lot, ask questions here, then do more.

I get that you're trying to be helpful and contribute, that is great. I hope to see you continue growing and be successful.

Having said that, you're new to this so please do not make posts as if you're an authority and telling people what they should or shouldn't do. It only serves to confuse other newbies who don't know you're also a newbie.

Once you get more experience, then yes, by all means please do make posts based on your own experience to help others.

In the meantime, read a little, do a lot, ask questions here, then do more.

Thank you, I'm learning everything I can, and I made progress these two past days, I did a mistake and I know now why these tools are not useful as I thought.

I'm learning from you any additional advices please leave them here, I'm pleased to learn from each of you, please don't think I don't take your advices seriously, don't think I don't.

Back