US Election Results Are In

Of course they prepare, it's not difficult to prepare segments for the 5 or so different results of the biggest event of the year:

Marginal win by A
Marginal win by B
Landslide win by A
Landslide win by B
Re-count

News is one of the most brutal businesses out there, you're either first or you don't matter. So putting out a segment on the result ASAP is key to ratings and viewer numbers.

No conspiracy here. It's a race to be first with the news so they are ready to release whichever one fits. In the same vein, there are thousands of Cleveland Indians world champs hats and t-shirts being shipped to impoverished countries this morning.

2000px-Trump_2016.svg.png

Who will be second to feed the troll ^^^ since I was the first?

Being in UK and not an American, I can't vote for him, but I've placed a bet on him winning with the bookies.

Being in UK and not an American, I can't vote for him, but I've placed a bet on him winning with the bookies.

In order to win the presidential election Trump has to win the Electoral College not the overall general vote. So it comes down to a demographics and turnout game in the swing states which favors Clinton since she invested heavily in this and Trump did not. So Trump could win the general vote and you could still lose your bet because he loses the electoral college.

Also, polling is very unreliable the last 2 weeks of an election. Lots of guessing and speculation by pollsters the last couple of weeks of elections and they rely less on the data. They don't want to be an outlier in the overall polling data, they'd rather underreport than overreport the data so they aren't seen as the poll that missed by the widest margin this presidential election. They all keep looking at each others polls and then "interpreting" the data. Trumps does have the momentum but probably doesn't have the time to catch up.

If you want to look at numbers to help make a more accurate bet then I'd look at the early voting data from 2016 compared to 2012, it seems like Clinton is overperforming with this compared to the 2012 except for African Americans in the swing states.

By the way, Alex Jones is scum.

Comey has backed off, Hillary will win the election regardless of votes.

Hell yes yes yes yes yes yes!

Lock her up, lock her up!

This had to be a landslide as there was voter fraud.

Back