Uber like app

Degree
Any app dev here ? How much would it cost (ballpark price) to develop and uber like app. Are there source codes available where it could be built on. Without starting from scratch? Where would be the best place to hire someone for that job.?

1. Yes there are places with pre-written code: http://codecanyon.net/tags/uber.

2. No this is not a good idea nor will it "cost you less". The developer still has to execute the code and learn everything about it in order for them to make it do what you want. It's like buying a template and then having to customize. At the same time you aren't taking into consideration the backend needed to manage such an operation.

It's virtually impossible for someone to give you ballpark of how much it will cost without knowing more details about the project.

"How much will it cost to build a house, ballpark?" "I don't know, it depends on whether you want a shack or a mansion. Whether you have the land (servers to scale) or that has to be coded up as well. It depends on how many bedrooms you want, bathrooms, the architect's design plans (your designers), if there are any pools, how many square feet do you want and how many people will it house (scaling), etc." It can be from $5,000 for a single wide to a $44,000,000 for a mansion.

You also should find someone that's has experience in coding with mobile apps.

1. Yes there are places with pre-written code: http://codecanyon.net/tags/uber.

2. No this is not a good idea nor will it "cost you less". The developer still has to execute the code and learn everything about it in order for them to make it do what you want. It's like buying a template and then having to customize. At the same time you aren't taking into consideration the backend needed to manage such an operation.

It's virtually impossible for someone to give you ballpark of how much it will cost without knowing more details about the project.

"How much will it cost to build a house, ballpark?" "I don't know, it depends on whether you want a shack or a mansion. Whether you have the land (servers to scale) or that has to be coded up as well. It depends on how many bedrooms you want, bathrooms, the architect's design plans (your designers), if there are any pools, how many square feet do you want and how many people will it house (scaling), etc." It can be from $5,000 for a single wide to a $44,000,000 for a mansion.

You also should find someone that's has experience in coding with mobile apps.
Honestly this was one of the big downfalls I had when starting out doing anything online. I had this idea that app dev was not hard at all, until I tried it myself. If you want it to look and function like a Bugatti, you better be ready to pay the price tag for one, or learn yourself. I chose the learning route, and while its taken me longer, I now understand the price tag that comes along with any programming or development.

Back