To SAPE or not to SAPE?

Degree
Is SAPE still a "thing"? I hear people talk about it like it's the best thing ever and I hear other people going on about how terrible it is. Are the people saying it's terrible just trying to stop the rest of us from catching on?

Advise please...

Here's the gist of the story:

SAPE slaying it in Russia. Catches on in the USA and UK thanks to some link sellers.

Google footprints the existing links and deindexes and penalizes all of the links being linked out from the SAPE portion of those sites (not sure what happened to the sites in the network itself).

Everyone says SAPE is dead, but all new link placements are slaying it.

So it's your call... use it on spammy churn & burn projects. Don't use it on real sites or you're gonna have a fun surprise when round two of the destruction comes through.

^ that's interesting, Future State. I'm following along, but can someone explain what SAPE actually is? Does it stand for something? How does it work?

^ that's interesting, Future State. I'm following along, but can someone explain what SAPE actually is? Does it stand for something? How does it work?

I don't know what it stands for, but it's kind of like ALN, if you remember that. Authority Link Network, where people submitted websites and you could post articles to them. People posted trashy spam and it all got taken down but did really well while it was alive. I ranked some stuff with it.

SAPE on the other hand, doesn't add content. It adds links to pre-existing content, sidebars, footers. You get to pick the pages and see all of the metrics for each page. The problem is, it doesn't stop people from putting stupid stuff on the same pages and sites as yours, linking out to nonsense that's on Google's radar. They've already smacked it once. I'm sure they'll do it at least one more time to keep the public scared.

If you're new to SEO, you don't need SAPE.
If you don't know what it is, you don't need SAPE.
If you care about your web properties, you don't need SAPE.
If you don't understand the intricacies of the algorithm, you don't need SAPE.
If you don't know what to do in addition to using SAPE, you don't need SAPE.
If you can't scale to the moon and back and burn a handful of properties every month, you don't need SAPE.

SAPEs dat crack if used wisely with the right mixture of other ingredients. I wouldn't use it on anything I cared about. Me and too many people paid the price for that already, and you can bet round two coming.

If you're new to SEO, you don't need SAPE.
If you don't know what it is, you don't need SAPE.
If you care about your web properties, you don't need SAPE.
If you don't understand the intricacies of the algorithm, you don't need SAPE.
If you don't know what to do in addition to using SAPE, you don't need SAPE.
If you can't scale to the moon and back and burn a handful of properties every month, you don't need SAPE.

So I should not even bother with this right? (Please see my other posts..)

So I should not even bother with this right? (Please see my other posts..)

Correct. I read through some of your posts and your questions. Don't even worry about SAPE, forget that it even exists.

SAPEs dat crack if used wisely with the right mixture of other ingredients. I wouldn't use it on anything I cared about. Me and too many people paid the price for that already, and you can bet round two coming.

I don't mean to take this off topic but I think you're my favorite poster on this forum so far.

My problem with SAPE is that you are renting links by the month, and it takes at least a month to really see the true effects of the links you already rented!

Another interesting implication though is renting them for a week or so, getting them crawled, and then losing them on purpose. And testing whether or not Google really has a "ghosting" effect where you still maintain a benefit from once having had those links...

Back