Threads.net Mastermind Thread

Degree
Are you using it yet?
What do you think?

Let's talk about that algo and growth opportunities.

I am staying away from those "social media" sites. Simple reason is the reach will drop, ads will show up and people have way too many apps nowadays. Oh and privacy issues.

My 2 cents. Not worth it.

I'm pretty interested to see what happens with this cease and desist situation from Twitter.

That aside, I'll just add a Threads account where I share the same types of stuff that I typically share on my other accounts and let it do its thing. I wouldn't typically adopt something that's so new, but Zuckerberg seems to really have it out for Musk and really wants to beat him at something he deems important, so we'll see what happens.

Some of you guys sound like grumpy old men, "get off my lawn" grandPas.

Always try every new platform, at the very least to get familiar with it. Otherwise you'll be a dinosaur, the majority of people always move forward and you'll be left behind optimizing your MySpace profile.

The only thing constant in the universe is change. Adapt or get left behind. MySpace came, Facebook came, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, YouTube, Pinterest, Reddit - there are so many platforms to get eyeballs to your brand/business, and STILL to this day I have to convince people to add more than 1 image to their blog posts.

Marketing is all about eyeballs, whether you like it or not, if your audience is on a platform YOU HAVE to also be on that platform, because I can guarantee you that your smart competitors are definitely trying to figure out a way to capitalize off of those eyeballs.

Some of you guys sound like grumpy old men, "get off my lawn" grandPas.

Always try every new platform, at the very least to get familiar with it. Otherwise you'll be a dinosaur, the majority of people always move forward and you'll be left behind optimizing your MySpace profile.

The only thing constant in the universe is change. Adapt or get left behind. MySpace came, Facebook came, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, YouTube, Pinterest, Reddit - there are so many platforms to get eyeballs to your brand/business, and STILL to this day I have to convince people to add more than 1 image to their blog posts.

Marketing is all about eyeballs, whether you like it or not, if your audience is on a platform YOU HAVE to also be on that platform, because I can guarantee you that your smart competitors are definitely trying to figure out a way to capitalize off of those eyeballs.
Yes and no. Master of all trades. Jack of none. I rather focus on 1 social media than on all.

I think it's a great opp to try new angles and gain new customers

It's like first year at uni...

so easy to get along with everyone in the first week or two of a semester

Back