Thoughts on Shareasale

Degree
A merchant I want to include on my site exclusively uses shareasale, I'm not too familiar but I just submitted an application. I read some pretty lousy reviews but, I'm wondering if it is:

A) People with shit websites / spammers
B) Particular merchants being difficult
C) The company

Most of the complaints are of suspended payments and account cancellation.

Anybody have any experience with them? I'm really hoping the complainers are the ones at fault because this could be cool opportunity. The merchant I want to use is a legit brand, who I have purchased from and continue to use so B) shouldn't be a problem.

Shareasale is fine. However, you can expect them much like Linkshare to shave your commissions. They all do.

What usually happens:

- # of actual sales being shaven and reporting too low.
- Dropped from program due to low sales volume.
- People not in compliance. ie running PPC ads with the brand keywords when it's not allowed.
- Or even, # of refunds, fraudulent purchases, etc. depending on niche/product.

As long as the reporting is too off and you get paid, nothing to worry about.

Okay, that doesn't sound too bad. How can you can check that they're shaving commissions? Is it a gradual performance decrease?

As an affiliate I have promoted 3 offers successfully and they pay no problems. As far as shaving not sure I have heard a lot of networks do this.. I know a lot of the PPC arbitrage guys use redirect tracing tools like wheregoes to see if its sketchy

Cool, thank you! I had never thought of checking for redirects to see if there are unnecessary middlemen.

Get like $10k affiliate commission each month through shareasale, not encountered any real problems but their reporting is a bit shit... sometimes commissions don't correlate to sales etc.

Awesome! That sucks to hear about the reporting but, at least they've been good to you performance wise.

Back