This stuff can take a while....

Degree
I'm trying out some leaking opportunities right now.

Setup catchy domain, added affiliate links. The particular angle here is comparing bonus codes for gambling stuff.

I'm going around commenting on certain things...trying to do fairly genuine comments that at least relate to the article and don't look like someone copy/pasted this into 1,000 articles at once. The thing is...though...that this just takes forever. I'll spend a lot of time researching posts etc. and I really am not all that certain these comments will be read or given a shit about.

Do you guys ever feel like this when you're starting out leaking on sources? The looming question of "am I just wasting my time?" as you go?

Maybe the process is to just do this at snails-pace for a while. And then maybe pick up patterns as I go that I can get faster at......or just decide after a certain point if this approach is just no good.

Commenting needs to be done on websites with good traffic amounts. That's one reason most people gravitate towards Reddit. Another factor is targeted traffic - that's where the forums come in. If you are commenting on old articles or nothing that's getting eyeballs you are essentially blog commenting for SEO backlinks - wasting time. If there is no traffic you're fishing in empty ponds. A single link should be able to drive you 100 visitors minimum in a single day at the right place.

So the question is HOW are you determining where you are commenting?

Just looking for recent stuff out there that Google's index has found:

gtools-1024x207.jpg

The reason I have "past 24 hours" in there is because a lot of the news-ish articles I'm targeting go dead after a couple days, so I gotta get in quick while the eyeballs are there.

So let's say I get 30 URLs via the picture mentioned above. I sift through them and only 5 of them I can realistically make a leak-attack on. I'll copy/paste a pre-determined angle/comment and adjust it so it makes sense in the context of the article.

Anyways, when its all done I just kinda feel like I did a lot of shit, and end up having to boil down my opportunities to a really small number. Asking myself when its done was it worth the trouble.

I think the process of doing this however is making me see easier spots to do the same approach with a more scalable (and easier to slip into a comment) offer.

This isn't traffic leaking it's just blog commenting. You are not determining how much traffic there is - just because Google indexed it within the past 24 hours doesn't mean it gets traffic. With your way you are better off just doing an RSS feed of the search results: Use this link:

"https://www.google.com/search?q=seo+metrics&tbm=blg&output=rss&tbs=qdr:d&num=100"

And input it into an RSS Feed reader like Vienna and just open that up for you. Have multiple feed for different keywords - but again this isn't what I would consider traffic leaking - just blog commenting for SEO links at best. A pre-determined message - that's borderline spamming... Might as well fire up GSA SER and go to town at that rate. This is literally the lowest tier possible of generating immediate traffic - especially if you are using Google, since Google takes at times more then 24 hours for most websites page to get indexed when it's live, so essentially you are 2 days behind with this method - way behind on the news of the niche.

You can keep going down this route and you'll get "something" - but it's definitely not traffic leaking... And you definitely aren't going to get a 1000+ visitors in a single day with this method.

You need to find really high traffic sites. Think about what you're doing, when you browse "news" articles, are you there for the news? Or the comments (Which you usually have to click a drop down for them to show up anyways).

Even if you were to buy an editorial contextual link on the same page that you want to comment on your traffic isn't going to be that high. A few thousand over the course of a few months. So if a contextual link on the same article wouldn't yield much traffic why would a comment?

You need high traffic sites in your niche (reddit subforum, forums, social media groups, linkedin groups, you need real "live" traffic.

You won't leak much from that technique. You may even hurt your site if you get clustered in with some assholes using software to blast blog comments on said page.

Last edited:
^ yup all that.

You'd be better of setting up Google alerts to a gmail account for certain keywords, send alerts for forums/blogs/news etc.. use a wild card * in the alerts to grab any related terms.

Hand pick the places you post, stay away from anything that would be determined a link farm by G.

Back