This Got Me - Ed Mylett On Never Giving Up

googlealchemist

Google Alchemist
Degree
It's only been maybe 6 months or so since 3 guys have gotten on my radar that have had a massive positive impact on my life...especially related to business/marketing/money specifically, but also mindset and health (solid foundations of both are crucial to the former as well imo)

Alex Hormozi
Ed Mylett
Tom Bilyeu

Youtube is the only "social media" that I've allowed myself to engage with for a while now just so I don't get distracted on nonsense vs doing real work and getting after it. (Aside from directly marketing related engagement and syndication of content etc of course).

And even then it's been strict MED/80-20 criteria based on marketing or health.

Anyways...this clip just really hit home and I've added it to my "Mindset" playlist to revisit.

Loved the analogy of the pinata...I've cracked a few open to various degrees for a long time now...had plenty of ups and downs.

Extremes of both really.

I'm generally a very mentally/emotionally/physically stable, strong guy...but the part where he started talking about how my/our/his failures on our road to success, before we bashed open the pinata, caused various types and degrees of pain to others, including our family/friends...immediately choked me up.

At this point it's been decades of grind, lot's of failures, suffering, and false starts...some big ups and some big downs...feast and famine, etc...

But I never quit...and all of that foundation with more and more focused execution...

I can do whatever I want, live wherever I want, whenever I want...

It's a growing level of POFU that keeps expanding as I level up.

My family, some of whom, as noted above were caused different kinds of stress because of my choices and temporary failures, will never have to worry about money.

Quality of life across the board is exponentially greater than if I had given up and done the zombie rat race 9-5 thing.

Ok, back to kicking ass!

Back