things to not cheap-out on when purchasing them...

Most of the below is not my own. I just do not know who to attribute it too.

I am going through 10 items a day and assigning them a number 1-10. 10 would purchase again. 1 is wtf-rarely used/liked. Then I do the same from an outsider's perspective. 1-10 again. Higher to me AND a 9-10 I keep. Lower but high to them? Give it to the person. Don't know the person? Goodwill.

Things I do not cheap out on:
Razor
Shaving is a ritual. It makes me feel like an oldschool man. So, I have a $40 razor, sentimental shaving mug, and some good shaving soap. I use coconut oil underneath the soap because Ladies love a Coo-Coo for Coconuts man. This makes for good convo for bathroom snoopers. Much like the STD prescription meds.

Folding assist pocket knife or Multi-tool
Again, man thing and when you go to fix that person's car on the side of the road you want to be able to spring the blade while tightening a bolt because people are cray cray.

Dress apparel
At the very least tailor cheaper items. Nothing screams "I make moneyz onlinez with ninja2 seo protocolz, yo" than a man whose suit sleeves are longer than his shirt sleeve. If you can't do that then opt for a reddit T-shirt and skype.

Chef's Knife
I cook as often as possible. You do not have to lay down $500. You do need to get something sharp that stays sharp. Victorinox puts out a $40 knife that most chefs use. I have others that I only bring out for show but that is the main beast. Learning to use it is a bit important too.

Coffee production
Nothing fucks up my morning like a cup of nothing. In fact, I would rather have a cup of nothing but I can't now because I drank this cup first. I will now go back to bed in hopes that it will be better the 2nd time.

The set-up does not have to be bank breaking. You just need to know what matters and to what degree. Can't do that? Caffeine powder is cheap. Try that with your Diet Riet.

Pencils
I love pencils. I buy the kind that comes in a box. I broke up with a girl once because she insisted on using my pencils for her melodramatic writing. It was not her writing. It was her stubborn use of The Pencil for her writing. I wrote "Good-bye to no Love Lost" and wrapped it around an Empire pencil. Un-sharpened.

Employees/Help
I don't want to be the reason that Mary Jane can not afford good quality heroin. What if it is cut with something that kills her? She won't report to work tomorrow. That is not in keeping with my business direction. Same goes with tipping, laundry, content writing.

Some of this stuff has to be a patience thing. Some, I have skimped on because lower quality was a bit less frustrating than me not having/doing it myself. However, I find often I need much much less stuff than I need and would rather go without then deal with 1-800-yourproduct sucks customer service.

Most of the below is not my own. I just do not know who to attribute it too.

I am going through 10 items a day and assigning them a number 1-10. 10 would purchase again. 1 is wtf-rarely used/liked. Then I do the same from an outsider's perspective. 1-10 again. Higher to me AND a 9-10 I keep. Lower but high to them? Give it to the person. Don't know the person? Goodwill.

Things I do not cheap out on:
Razor
Shaving is a ritual. It makes me feel like an oldschool man. So, I have a $40 razor, sentimental shaving mug, and some good shaving soap. I use coconut oil underneath the soap because Ladies love a Coo-Coo for Coconuts man. This makes for good convo for bathroom snoopers. Much like the STD prescription meds.

Folding assist pocket knife or Multi-tool
Again, man thing and when you go to fix that person's car on the side of the road you want to be able to spring the blade while tightening a bolt because people are cray cray.

Dress apparel
At the very least tailor cheaper items. Nothing screams "I make moneyz onlinez with ninja2 seo protocolz, yo" than a man whose suit sleeves are longer than his shirt sleeve. If you can't do that then opt for a reddit T-shirt and skype.

Chef's Knife
I cook as often as possible. You do not have to lay down $500. You do need to get something sharp that stays sharp. Victorinox puts out a $40 knife that most chefs use. I have others that I only bring out for show but that is the main beast. Learning to use it is a bit important too.

Coffee production
Nothing fucks up my morning like a cup of nothing. In fact, I would rather have a cup of nothing but I can't now because I drank this cup first. I will now go back to bed in hopes that it will be better the 2nd time.

The set-up does not have to be bank breaking. You just need to know what matters and to what degree. Can't do that? Caffeine powder is cheap. Try that with your Diet Riet.

Pencils
I love pencils. I buy the kind that comes in a box. I broke up with a girl once because she insisted on using my pencils for her melodramatic writing. It was not her writing. It was her stubborn use of The Pencil for her writing. I wrote "Good-bye to no Love Lost" and wrapped it around an Empire pencil. Un-sharpened.

Employees/Help
I don't want to be the reason that Mary Jane can not afford good quality heroin. What if it is cut with something that kills her? She won't report to work tomorrow. That is not in keeping with my business direction. Same goes with tipping, laundry, content writing.

Some of this stuff has to be a patience thing. Some, I have skimped on because lower quality was a bit less frustrating than me not having/doing it myself. However, I find often I need much much less stuff than I need and would rather go without then deal with 1-800-yourproduct sucks customer service.
3f4c564830e9d6bd1318480126415a05a6cb743ca0211511d81a3f3c0eeeaed2.jpg

Socks. Try Smartwool. They won't stink after a long day of work.

Nothing says single more than BO.

General rule of thumb: Don't skimp on things that connect you to the ground or seats.

Toilet Paper - I get the thick and fluffy kind. one ply is horrible. I hate the feel and I hate the fact that it rips so easily.

Tires - I'm a Michelin Fan. Or tires rated to go beyond 160 mph.

Shoes - Please don't skimp on shoes. You walk everywhere. Treat yourself to some nice shoes.

Also remember that just because something's expensive that doesn't mean it's any better. Maybe that goes without saying in a marketing community though :smile: Being able to identify quality beyond looking at the price is the best skill you can have as a consumer!

• Condoms - if you can't figure out why, definitely buy the most expensive one
  • Eyewear - the more expensive ones are still with me, the cheaper ones either broke or i lost them
  • Clothing - buy quality clothing so you don't have to replace it after every 5 washes
  • Food - you are what you eat
  • Gifts - always buy quality gifts or don't buy any at all (I once made the mistake of trying to give too many people gifts while on a budget and I regret it)

Back