The KPI thread..

Stephen

Ecommerce SEO / SEM
BuSo Pro
Degree
I have been watching this by one of my idols Avinash.

So, it got me thinking about proper KPIs

Then I thought we could start our own discussion about the KPIs that matter, as Avinash says in the video "likes" are pointless.

We can also chat about how we record and report our data.

You reminded me of a video I watched a while ago. It's basically a conversion case study of his app.

Haven't watched the video yet but can I get a TLDR on why he says "likes" are pointless?

It's in the first 30 seconds.

"I think the simplest way to think about likes is you're passing somebody in the street and you're counting everyone walking by you as your lover. It's not, they're just being nice and smiling at you".

- My take on that is that you can't expect every person to like your video to be interested enough to click on your links and become customers.

Everyone I've met who uses "KPIs" religiously always has no fucking idea what their doing.

I once started a thread about content marketing KPI's:
https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/content-marketing-metrics-and-roi.564/

I feel like these kind of metrics really only start to make sense when you're working at a large scale where the outliers don't effect the numbers that much. Of course there's all manners of statistics to get rid of that kind of data too.

For me, I'm all over the board right now in terms of content types and promotional mediums. I'm cycling through all of it and not touching any of it enough to really get any consistent data.

Same goes for traffic, social engagement, and everything else.

The only key performance indicators that I feel are even worth looking at in my case are based on my own performance, such as:
  • amount of time I worked (# of pomodoros)
  • effectiveness of activities during that time
  • amount of content posted
  • number of link-attracting activities completed
  • number of traffic leaks
  • etc.
Looking at traffic growth, income growth, etc., as well.

I wish I had more to add, but alas.

Back