The Keys To Success in Life

turbin3

BuSo Pro
Degree
People often see those that are very successful, and are awed by such people. Their success sometimes seems like it must be due to some esoteric force of nature that mere mortals cannot fathom. In reality, the truth is often far more boring, mundane, and tedious. True, there are many factors, some of which include pure luck. Though, for those that are consistently successful in life, as the saying goes, they create their own "luck". Think about that one for a minute... Did Michael Jordan become the greatest basket ball player of all time because he was great, or was it because he did the things other people didn't want to, and did them more often?

jordan_zpsshivb18n.jpg

One of the biggest enemies of success is paralysis by analysis. There are often an infinite number of variables to consider, and it is often very easy to become reactive versus proactive. There is a time and place for in depth analysis, but usually not as frequently as people fall into that habit. Instead of getting too caught up in the detail, the best words of advice I can offer is this. Put more focus and effort into changing your mindset and your habits. There are four main components to becoming successful:
  • Words
  • Thoughts
  • Deeds
  • Habits
1) Words: You must first speak the words. Learn to talk about that which you seek to excel with. It is always good to build a foundation.

2) Thoughts: You must then incorporate those words into your thoughts. Fill your mind with them. This is where many people get stuck. Deep thinking can lead to great insight. Great insight is worthless without deeds...

3) Deeds: As they say, a man is judged by his actions, not just his words. Once you've filled your mind with the Words and Thoughts, you must then put them into practice. Do the deed. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to get done.

4) Habits: Lastly, the manner in which you progress through the first 3, will determine what habits you develop. Successful people often achieve their success because they have learned to develop the habits that lead to success as opposed to those that lead to failure.

The key here is in progressing towards the Deed as quickly as possible. Furthermore, once you've done the Deed, go back to your Thoughts. Destroy your own ego. Evaluate yourself and the Deed. Did it work? Could it have been better? What were your weaknesses? Put some thought into that, then move on to the next Deed, while trying to incorporate those character improvements.

The philosophy here is in applying this continuous expansion and contraction throughout your life. You aim for the sky. You might fall short, but you figure out why, attack that problem ruthlessly, and you aim for the sky again. You fail more than everyone else, and you keep going. Eventually, you develop the Habits that lead you to create your own "luck". Now go out, fail, and love every minute of it. You are on the path.

Positive and constructive self-talk is huge. I agree because this is what sets the tone for our thoughts, which set the to e for our feelings and attitudes, which in turn influence action. It's true no matter what the pursuit is!

Nice post mate, but I'll tell you right now - the keys to success is grind. It's as simple as that, and in exchange for that success you have to sacrifice a lot. Social life goes out the window? So fucking what. Lose touch with friends? Who fucking cares, because it's not relevant to your goals. You work hard you get there, just takes time.

The key to success is defining it yourself, then following the law of cause and effect to get to your definition.

There's more to it than that, guys. Manual labor is hard work, and is the definition of the daily "grind". Did anyone ever get rich from that? For most people, probably not. There's working hard, and there's working smart. Working smart takes honest personal insight and a willingness to continually improve. Some people just grind day in day out, blindly, and get nowhere.

#1 for me is follow through, too many people quit early or just give up.

Just the other day my store sales were doing pretty bad for the month..

What do you know, somehow a company found me and placed a $x,xxx order.

Then the day after a retail store hits me up, wants to stock my products.

Following through means accepting risks and getting shit done.

Those two things alone stop a lot of people from progressing forward.

I've been there myself, plenty of times!

Every time I've progressed forward I've been met with rewards.

Not instantly, but within time.

Back