The Diamond Candles Model

MetaData

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
In case you haven't heard of them before, Diamond Candles is a candle with a ring at the bottom. The ring is worth anywhere from next-to-nothing, to thousands of dollars.

CLXXCGz.jpg

Their social presence is filled with social proof of customers showing off their rings. Women go crazy for them, and it's an easy gift. They sold out last year. Obviously most people aren't going to be getting anything more than a candle with a vending-machine ring, but that hasn't stopped people from swooning over these $25 candles.

They're selling overpriced wax filled with dreams and fantasies.

Their marketing is on point, their product is addictive, and it's the right price point where guys can say "I know I'm getting ripped off here but it's only $25 so whatever".

If you can figure out a way to apply the appeal and the psychology behind these ring candles into other niches, you're going to have a good time.

hmmm someone reinvented the lottery only they don't need gambling licens for that, it's genious.
Now it's time to put on the thinking hat, so if you start hearing weired noises don't worry it's just me thinking :happy:

I received a piece of mail the other day. Some value saver type deal. Companies pay to put their coupons in this envelope. On the back it said $100 check could be inside. Fine print right there on the back said odds are 1 in 50,000. That idea has some similar threads.

A competitor that I had the chance to talk for a while have a lottery type of thing that you can participate in to win anything from a 5$ retail (cost is like 2$) value item up to a 120$ full kit. The thing is you can only participate if you order for 50$ or more. While the average order value is 35$

These fucking things....

K they might only be a $25 gift but GOOD LUCK buying just one.

Diamond Candles — a Durham, NC, business that promised customers a 1-in-5,000 chance of finding a $5,000 diamond ring at the bottom on a fully used 21 oz. candle.

Winter said that most of the rings are bought in bulk, but that the $5,000 rings — about 270 have been given away this year

But here's something interesting:

Unfortunately the answer in regards to the odds question is going to be the same across the board. Since our main focus is on the high quality candles we offer, we do not give out the odds for ring values.

Then:

If your sister won a $5000 ring, then it's not the one that came in her candle (They are worth $10 retail). Winning with a RingReveal code It actually provides a $5000 credit so she can select the style and size of her choice from our site.

Also women don't burn the candles.

They get the ring out with a spoon, lol.

Someone posted about this candle company on facebook the other day its pretty impressive and certainly something to look into

i imagine the idea couldn't be patented so you could pretty much directly copy it

Its certainly viable to rip it off as most men haven't seen this before

men generally would be the first to buy this and get there women hooked on them i imagine!

If you can figure out a way to apply the appeal and the psychology behind these ring candles into other niches, you're going to have a good time.

Agreed, awesome idea!

It all boils down to most people who buy product XYZ are ... (enter demographics here), so let's create a contest where they could win ABC (another interest of aforementioned demographic).

I.e. most people who buy candles are women, so let's create a contest where they could win a ring of up to $XYZ in value.

So many possibilities here: men usually buy X, what else do they usually buy? Combine into a contest. Students, expats, grandparents... what else do they buy? Just a matter of finding two interests of your target audience and combining them into a contest!

Just a matter of finding two interests of your target audience and combining them into a contest!

I don't think it's that simple though. Women are emotional buyers and some of the wealthiest companies in the world have gone to great lengths to not only inflate the price of rings to cosmic standards, but also have marketed (brainwashed) women into placing all kinds of absurd emotional values and attachments to rings. Same goes for candles. $40 bucks for a candle that smells good. My sister has a closet full of at least 100 of them, and gave at least 50 overflow to my mom, and I have a few myself. They don't even burn these candles. It's all about the concept of being a good homemaker, pleasantries associated with the smells, etc.

The scented candle industry and the jewelry industry have done all of the work for the Prize Candle people.

You have to have something like that to piggy back off of. The closest thing that gets that zany is male fitness supplements. And what are you going to do? Put gold bullion inside of random tubs of chocolate whey protein powder... (don't steal that idea, that one's mine!)

I'm sure there are more than I can think of, but I don't think there's a huge plethora of ravenous demographics buying up stuff they don't even use at 1000% margins.

Apple fans might bite lol.

This really started with cereal boxes and cracker jack boxes in my mind. It was a way of hooking a child to pester a parent. Sugar, cartoon characters, and a surprise toy. That says a LOT about the demographic we are talking about. Adult children.

Maybe anime figurine collectors would bite.

This has far more to do with psychology and piggy backing off of trillionaire's decades-long marketing efforts than just finding two things one group likes at the same time.

I'm sure there are more than I can think of, but I don't think there's a huge plethora of ravenous demographics buying up stuff they don't even use at 1000% margins.

First thing I thought of was people who are crazy about their pets. If you're willing to buy a diamond dog bed and clothes for your cat there's a good chance you're crazy...

We puttin diamond cat collars in cat food now cuz..
Inb4 law suit

This has far more to do with psychology and piggy backing off of trillionaire's decades-long marketing efforts than just finding two things one group likes at the same time.
You're right.

It's not a matter of finding ANY two interests of a target demographic, it's about combining two that have the biggest emotional value for that demographic. The best bet, as you said, in terms of emotional value is concepts (self-images) and habits that've been imprinted in our brains for decades, hundreds or thousands of years. Think the male & female archetypes here, Jungian archetypes, etc.

Any interest you target must have emotional value and the most effective emotions to target do NOT belong to the standard 3 (fear, anger, greed). Classic copywriting: target more subtle emotions such as acceptance (the feeling of belonging), pride, confusion, loneliness, hope, envy, compassion, etc.

Back