The ads... they're green!

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
32ZqjHE.png

This is very interesting. Is anyone else seeing this?

This basically makes the ads almost indistinctable from the organic results. Only the small Ad sign shows that it is an ad. This is basically saying FUCK YOUR SEO, the ads are the kings now.

I think this could drastically lower the CTR for the top organic results, but increase the CTR for the ads themselves. What do you guys think?

I'd say it'll create a spike in revenue for Adwords for a while until bids decrease due to the quality of the traffic being sent, then they change it again. Push till you get push-back, then pull-back till they forget and push again.

They recently had also been testing black headline links instead of the blue but they seem to have abandoned that. I'm curious as to whether this color change will last. The ads do blend in more. I agree that it may initially boost adwords revenue, until people catch on and avoid them.

Yup, I've seen both green and black at different times during the last 6 weeks or so. Personally I like the green better, but I'm sure once google has had time to compare the CTR's on the colors they'll decide if to change permanently or not.

Back