The 16 Entities that make up the Google Ecosystem Deepstate by Glen Allsopp

secretagentdad

Low IQ try hards are cringe.
BuSo Pro
Degree
https://detailed.com/google-control/
TLDR some dominant publishers are very with it in the M and A and large scale technical seo departments.

I want the Buso hot takes on this one. There's a lot to learn and some kinda hot stuff to comment on.
Not sure I really agree with a lot of Glens sampling but his data and approach present quite a narrative about our industry.
No I wasn't paid to post this.

Also since I know you turkeys are reading this. Can we get an AMA from the current / former red ventures buso members. Throw us peasants a bone lol.

Last edited:
I always imagined these networks to have 1 or 2 "flagship" sites and then a bunch of smaller sites. So, this article surprised me due to the size and scale that the websites under these networks reach.

I remember his article in 2016 and this is a good update.

What is interesting to me is how much SEOs see this as a sign they cannot compete against the big dogs, such a weak attitude.

In almost any other industry there are far fewer players taking up the same or larger portion of the market.

How many of these companies were started in the last 10 years? 20?

@miketpowell I'm going to take down healthline and webMD. Follow my progress.

Aside from that I'm surprised that mayoclinic is a part of ziff davis...

I got some ideas for design elements I can add to my own sites.

Reactions: Boy
How many of these companies were started in the last 10 years? 20?
Exactly. A giant portion of that article is about mergers and acquisitions. It's great news for many of us. They aren't only buying huge (like insanely gigantic) sites.

I got some ideas for design elements I can add to my own sites.
Same. For the past month I've been looking at DotDashMeredith, they're doing some killer EEAT work, probably the most cutting edge out there from what I've seen.

Back