Taking Advantage Of Traffic Spikes

Degree
I have had a nice spike in traffic over the past 90 days from a post that got a little attention.

Now it seems like I struck traffic gold again.
Is there a way I can capture all this new traffic and keep them coming back? I would ultimately like to see that spike leveling off to a new high instead of dropping back down to original traffic levels.

Thanks in advance ladies and gents!

Are you familiar with retargeting? That and emails are your best bets.

Are you familiar with retargeting? That and emails are your best bets.
I am not but doing some google work on it now. When it comes to emails, what strategy would you suggest employing? Just shooting them weekly updates?

Think of your email list as customers that need a product. They came to your site for something they were interested in, use the list to give them more similar information.

Also, if your page load times are really at 14 seconds you need to sort that out ASAP

Think of your email list as customers that need a product. They came to your site for something they were interested in, use the list to give them more similar information.

Also, if your page load times are really at 14 seconds you need to sort that out ASAP

That's probably reporting people from all over the world and including mobile on the most horrid connections, if this was a viral post.

Reactions: TGZ
If you go remarketing, I suggest implementing a timer before the remarketing pixel fires.

This will cut out bots, fat finger clickers, and people that hit your site and bounced within the first X seconds and are not really interested.

The way it would work is, you have a timer that counts down on the page when the user hits it, say 10 seconds ( I made up 10, the time is up to you ) and only after that 10 seconds the remarketing pixel is "loaded/fired".

This will keep your list clean and contain only the most interested real users.

If you go remarketing, I suggest implementing a timer before the remarketing pixel fires.

This will cut out bots, fat finger clickers, and people that hit your site and bounced within the first X seconds and are not really interested.

The way it would work is, you have a timer that counts down on the page when the user hits it, say 10 seconds ( I made up 10, the time is up to you ) and only after that 10 seconds the remarketing pixel is "loaded/fired".

This will keep your list clean and contain only the most interested real users.

Is this in conjunction with adwords? I am already using a plugin to achieve that. Is there anything more I should be doing?

...if your page load times are really at 14 seconds you need to sort that out ASAP

On it. I have added tons of bloat to the site trying to do things myself. I have hired a programmer to unfXck my site and that should increase my load times while I educate myself on the subject.

Back