Success stories in business

Degree
Interested in hearing everyone's success stories in business. Where did you start and end up profitability-wise?

How did you get there/what did it take you to get there?

I'd be really curious in hearing your answer to this, you're obviously doing something right with a domain that's probably worth 500k before uploading a single product to it.

Edit: Heh damn, nailed it.

I'd be really curious in hearing your answer to this, you're obviously doing something right with a domain that's probably worth 500k before uploading a single product to it.

Edit: Heh damn, nailed it.
Haha I see what you did there. We believe it was worth much more than the $500k we paid. That's why we paid that. With the 6 years of data we merged into the site and now operating, it's worth even more now. The site is very new (3 weeks) so we will increase profits now. The site up now is version 3.

We wouldn't sell the site with the data ever for less than $50 million. Will probably be worth much more than that in 10 years. Conservatively speaking.

Haha I see what you did there. We believe it was worth much more than the $500k we paid. That's why we paid that. With the 6 years of data we merged into the site and now operating, it's worth even more now. The site is very new (3 weeks) so we will increase profits now. The site up now is version 3.

We wouldn't sell the site with the data ever for less than $50 million. Will probably be worth much more than that in 10 years. Conservatively speaking.
Check my AMA on my 7 Figure SEO Exit.

Sick domain - what is the exit timeline plan looking like?

Check my AMA on my 7 Figure SEO Exit.

Sick domain - what is the exit timeline plan looking like?
I'm new here. I don't know how to check that. Are we allowed to email each other outside of here? I'd love to review that, but I don't want to break any rules.

Exit plan? Good question. We just launched 3 weeks ago and merged with one of our other companies. There's been a lot of technical set-up and fixes because of the merge. Now that we are streamlined and accepting traffic from places, we would like to see a nice growth the next year in SEO. Exit plan would possible be anywhere from 3-5 years from now if we get bored of running the company or we get a solid offer to exit. The offer will come before we get bored tho. haha :smile:

Send me a link to that SEO exit here or via email if allowed. Super interested in checking that out. I love success stories.

I'm new here. I don't know how to check that. Are we allowed to email each other outside of here? I'd love to review that, but I don't want to break any rules.

Exit plan? Good question. We just launched 3 weeks ago and merged with one of our other companies. There's been a lot of technical set-up and fixes because of the merge. Now that we are streamlined and accepting traffic from places, we would like to see a nice growth the next year in SEO. Exit plan would possible be anywhere from 3-5 years from now if we get bored of running the company or we get a solid offer to exit. The offer will come before we get bored tho. haha :smile:

Send me a link to that SEO exit here or via email if allowed. Super interested in checking that out. I love success stories.
Check it out >>> Its a long read lol

Haha I see what you did there.

I agree, that's a great buy. That would be a solid price even for a domain investor to hold onto (tbh it's a good thing it didn't fall into their hands to sit with a pricetag of 10x what you paid or more), but for someone already in the industry as an end-user that feels like an absolute steal.

I think anyone whose able to get the category defining name in their industry should put some serious thought into doing so (esp after a nice exit), it's one of the quickest ways to legitimize yourself and instantly become an authority. For instance, we have a lot of link sellers here and some of them take it seriously, I wonder if any have reached out to the owner of LinkBuilding dot com, for instance. I've probably emailed the owners of any decent domain with the word "content" in it at one point or another, hah.

I always just think of it like.... Imagine you're a media outlet, or the owner of a big site, or a supplier, or w/e.. and you get an email from "CBDOil dot com" or you get an email from "CBD-Oil-4-U dot net", which one is going to pique your interest? An ultra premium name buys you admission through any door... I don't need to tell you this tho :D

I agree, that's a great buy. That would be a solid price even for a domain investor to hold onto (tbh it's a good thing it didn't fall into their hands to sit with a pricetag of 10x what you paid or more), but for someone already in the industry as an end-user that feels like an absolute steal.

I think anyone whose able to get the category defining name in their industry should put some serious thought into doing so (esp after a nice exit), it's one of the quickest ways to legitimize yourself and instantly become an authority. For instance, we have a lot of link sellers here and some of them take it seriously, I wonder if any have reached out to the owner of LinkBuilding dot com, for instance. I've probably emailed the owners of any decent domain with the word "content" in it at one point or another, hah.

I always just think of it like.... Imagine you're a media outlet, or the owner of a big site, or a supplier, or w/e.. and you get an email from "CBDOil dot com" or you get an email from "CBD-Oil-4-U dot net", which one is going to pique your interest? An ultra premium name buys you admission through any door... I don't need to tell you this tho :D
Agreed with all that. We are a manufacturer and retailer so the name was too good to pass up. As a domain investor, I can see how $500k wouldn't be something to fathom as it might be hard to understand the value. So you're dead on when you express your understanding of our outlook on the purchase. It was the largest hemp/CBD domain in history so it did shake up the entire domain industry for CBD and hemp which was fun. It helped many people make more money.

No one has reached out here yet. We are not really allowed to promote the site here as they consider it spam or we pay for that. We even had to change our profile pic here as it was our logo. Not a big deal, but definitely here to learn and connect with other industry professionals.

Emailing people with our domain name definitely opens doors very quickly. Who the owner of the site is also helps.

Do you have a success story with a site/business?

I'm not even done with the first page and have learned some stuff. This is golden.

Back