Struggling to find a name for my site

Degree
Hey all,

A little about my life journey to give some context first.

A few years back I was a health fanatic, I was a bodybuilder, I was in the best shape of my life, 6 pack abs, rippling muscles, girls ogling me, that kind of stuff.

After 5 years of living that life of strict diet, exercise, etc I found a love for entrepreneurship and decided to focus more on that and my children and leave the gym life in the dust.

I'm sure it doesn't take a scientist to work out that a few years later and I'm sporting a pretty typical dad-bod.

I'm looking to build out a Wordpress site that follows my keto and exercise journey back to health with a nice physique (not the bodybuilder but more athletic) and provide value to my following along the way with Bootcamps, recipes, exercise plans, meal plans, etc.

The struggle I currently have is I'm trying to come up with a name for my website, or potentially I'm overthinking this, any help would be much appreciated.

I don't think it makes much of a difference if you are planning on doing a personal brand.

Not sure where you are or how far the fame has expanded, but there is a very well-known beginners' running programme created by the UK National Health Service called 'Couch to 5K', which I imagine anyone with a mild interest in fitness in the UK has heard of.

That's a simple branding concept which has worked extremely well. It says exactly what it offers and yet isn't 'bestrunningprogramme.co.uk'. And, once it becomes better known, it is easily abbreviated (C25K, for example).

Maybe that might spark some ideas?

With what you've described, I think you'll find more inspiration looking at "mommy blogs" in the fitness, parenting, and cooking niches. They'll have stuff like "JensKitchen" and "CookingWithJen" or "RosesAndWeasels" and anything brandable and friendly. You'll be far better doing that than worrying about stuffing a keyword in the domain name (it's not needed at all).

Definitely make it about you, your personality, your challenges and adventures, with your face plastered around and type in first person. Real people love that stuff. And once you get the site built and established with some content it's so easy to make friends with the other Personal Brand bloggers in those niches. They're friendly and happy to link around and collaborate. Easy link building!

I don't think it makes much of a difference if you are planning on doing a personal brand.

Not sure where you are or how far the fame has expanded, but there is a very well-known beginners' running programme created by the UK National Health Service called 'Couch to 5K', which I imagine anyone with a mild interest in fitness in the UK has heard of.

That's a simple branding concept which has worked extremely well. It says exactly what it offers and yet isn't 'bestrunningprogramme.co.uk'. And, once it becomes better known, it is easily abbreviated (C25K, for example).

Maybe that might spark some ideas?

I live in New Zealand and we have something similar I believe in many different forms.

Definitely a great idea, short and simple.

Is this just one person's brand that has expanded? Or is it more of a collective of people that want to get out and do their first 5k?

With what you've described, I think you'll find more inspiration looking at "mommy blogs" in the fitness, parenting, and cooking niches. They'll have stuff like "JensKitchen" and "CookingWithJen" or "RosesAndWeasels" and anything brandable and friendly. You'll be far better doing that than worrying about stuffing a keyword in the domain name (it's not needed at all).

Definitely make it about you, your personality, your challenges and adventures, with your face plastered around and type in first person. Real people love that stuff. And once you get the site built and established with some content it's so easy to make friends with the other Personal Brand bloggers in those niches. They're friendly and happy to link around and collaborate. Easy link building!

Love that idea! Haha you make it sound so simple.

I guess the challenge for me (as far as my research has found) is that I'm a male and this space is predominately female-focused, although results will be equal across genders, do you think that will have a burden on how the content is perceived? E.g. would women relate better to a women's blog vs a men's blog on the same topic?

Back