Stripe Atlas - Easily Setup a USA company, bank, and take credit cards

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
ouBx7st.jpg

This is a freaking WOW moment for the world-wide audience.

Alright so for a long time stripe has been trying to come to different parts of the world, but it's a painstaking processes since some many governments are just completely fubar. So being like minded individuals who think outside the box, they decided to flip the game on it's head.

Introducing Stripe Atlas: No matter where you are they will help you setup a USA company, a USA bank, give you USA tax guidance, and start accepting payments with Stripe!

With Stripe Atlas, entrepreneurs can easily incorporate a U.S. company, set up a U.S. bank account, and start accepting payments with Stripe. Starting today, it’s available to developers and entrepreneurs globally.

The promise of the internet is that location matters less. However, geographic barriers and associated complexity make it difficult to start a global business in many parts of the world.

Developers around the world should have equal access to the tools and services that are available to those in Berlin and Boston. Atlas is designed to help.

Sauce: https://stripe.com/atlas

Basically they've just reduced the barrier to entry for online businesses around the world.

What does it cost?

Stripe Atlas will be free for the first 100 users. After that, the Atlas beta will cost $500, which includes all fees associated with incorporating your company and opening your business bank account. You’ll pay Stripe’s standard fees of 2.9% + 30¢ per successful charge.

9OHPFSR.png

--

I've always been a huge fan of stripe cause they make the whole payment processing for developers easy, like really easy. I come from a merchant processing and banking background so dealing with some of the crazy APIs and standards - they don't make shit easy for you to do, but stripe is EXTREMELY easy when compared to the industry standard options.

"And the walls came crumbling down..."

3PEcjp6.gif

Read this yesterday. They are great people indeed.

The only downside i see - they currently reg only C-Corp, with only plans to reg LLC in future... Might be too complicated for startups and small businesses.

The only downside i see - they currently reg only C-Corp, with only plans to reg LLC in future... Might be too complicated for startups and small businesses.
I don't understand what you mean. If you are a startup or small business all you have to do is fill out the web form and they handle everything for you on the USA side, creating your corporation, getting you your bank account, getting up your tax situation with an CPA, and then getting you started with accepting credit cards through them. It's almost hands off for the small business.

Back