Strategy and Tracking Of Internal Links With Intent

Degree
Happy Friday everyone! Wanted to ask the group something about inner linking. I've made 2023 about trying to get more organized and documenting things. I'm curious about what method people are using to track inner linking efforts and anchors that they use. I'm assuming Excel or Google Sheets, but I'm most curious about the spreadsheet setup and methods being used to track everything. Perhaps it's not even necessary to track and it's too much work, but just curious about what others are doing to track this effort and avoid duplicating or overuse of anchors, and things of that nature.

I would run internal website audits and look at the internal links anchors and then adjust accordingly. With every new piece of content, there will be newly generated internal links so it's always a problem when it comes to trying and keeping your internal anchor text organized. But if you have your internal links already organized - newly added articles are not going to cause a problem to your internal linking structure.

I don't keep an excel sheet with all the internal links and anchors, but Ahrefs and other tools can help you keep track of all that so you don't need an excel sheet.

Good point and I use Ahrefs, Screamingfrog, SEM rush etc. I just need to use those to make sure I’m hitting all with intent. Thanks for that!

Back