Starting a SEO outsource business

MightyOwl

BuSo Pro
Degree
I have been juggling the idea of opening a secondary office - in India - to aid marketers with PBN setups, web 2.0s and cheap tier content.Some sort of an ancillary SEO-services business which has a market(stuff which I wouldn't want my current team worrying about)

Why? There are a tonne of college graduates with Bachelor degrees without jobs and I like the idea of creating jobs. No hurrdurr low quality stuff -these are the same graduates hired by top tier multi-national companies to run their stuff. This may even create some sort of worthwhile new income stream for me.

I am also aware of the fact that there are a lot of agencies which do stuff like this - what can be a competitive advantage? On a pricing front, I am pretty confident I can get initial traction with some serious undercut-action since my running costs will be low.

Has anyone been in the same boat as me? Would like advice as to what can be potential problems in entering a super saturated market like this one.

How do define quality stuff?
The graduates hired by MNC's go under rigorous training for 6 months or more. So you'll have to look into that.
Yes, the running costs will be very low as I have seen some graduates working for Rs 15000(~300USD) per month and in a city like New Delhi.

^
Training isn't an issue. I can have someone from my team doing it. Just wondering why nobody has done it - atleast for a specific ancillary niche like this.

Would like advice as to what can be potential problems in entering a super saturated market like this one.
I think you can already sense some of the pitfalls of jumping into a super saturated market and playing the "undercut pricing" game. If there is no real unique selling proposition (USP) - like for example adding a service that no one has such as an add-on/price upgrade then you are joining the race to the bottom since a competitor can simply come in and undercut your prices. One thing I haven't seen and I try to talk about are "next level" content pieces.

For example adding interactive javascript coding, can use D3 javascript to content pieces to add a more viral/engagement angle (stuff you saw during the election where the newspapers were using javascript code to help their content pieces). Add something like that will be something no one else is doing on-top of content pieces, then you've created a USP. I know that's something I definitely would love to have outsourced, and you can start off with simple javascripts that can be contained in a jquery.load() call, so it's just a simple line of code that needs to be added to get it operational on the client's side.

That's something that I think people looking for the "cutting edge" or to create barriers to entry for their content pieces would love, and it also creates a higher barrier to entry for your competitors. And if they add that option, guess what? Now you are racing upwards towards innovation and can increase prices or quality - the opposite of a race to the bottom with pricing only.

^ damn that's some outstanding insight. Definitely a lot to think about.

Back