Some Advice on Geo-Targeting?

Degree
I have found a product I really want to get behind and create an affiliate site for. I have my heart and head set on this niche and have been looking into it for months off and on.

The one thing that is stopping me moving forward at the moment is this.

The search volume in the UK is 4k per month
The search volune in the USA is 40k per month

This is for what I would say is the main product term, there are a lot of other related terms but this is the one I would chase to start with. HEre is where I start going round in circles.... Ahrefs is scoring the term as a 3 KW difficulty to rank in the UK but its a 37 in the USA for KW difficulty. This seems like a massive difference.

I have the EMD for the product in the .co.uk already.

I was thinking the best way to do this is to target the UK given the EMD and lower difficulty then maybe see how I go but then I keep going back to search volumes and going back round in a circle, can anyone give me any guidance or at least talk me thought which approach would interest them the most?

Ahrefs is simply a gauging tool, yes it is probably the best that’s on the market, but it is still a 3rd party tool with flaws.

If I can block Ahrefs and these other 3rd party softwares from seeing my sites and networks and links - as well as can a majority of people doing “Trench Warfare SEO”, how can it possibly be accurate?

So use Ahrefs, SEMRush, and “intelligence tools” as a gauge, but not as gospel.

The real problem is you are looking for someone to give you the confidence to take action. If you feel this is a hot topic, just fucking do it. It’s a strange phenomenon but YOU have to believe in YOURSELF before others will believe in you and follow you. Pull the fucking trigger.

If you fail you’ll learn lessons and gain knowledge to use for your next venture.

If you succeed in the UK first you can use profits from that to attack the USA with a strong foothold - or vice-a-versa.

Throw the website up this weekend and start promoting it, marketing it, and see what the audience’s reaction is.

From there you can pivot and create a marketing game-plan that involves some SEO for long term traffic, but do traffic leaks now for short term revenue - and at the very least gauge the audience’s reception of YOU.

All of this can be accomplished with one weekend and 3-4 Monster energy drinks and some classical music in the background.

You might traffic leak and realize you suck at website design for this niche, or cannot convert traffic for shit - that’s fine just stumble your way to success. Improve daily by 1% and you are on your way to revenue and profits.

You might do some guerrilla promotions and realize you really did hit a gold mine, then you will be kicking yourself for not pulling the trigger earlier.

In ALL scenarios to find out any further details requires you to pull the trigger, period. There is very little new info anyone can give you without further details except based on their own method of analysis which again is limited by a handful of gauging tools on the market.

These tools can’t gauge a feeling though... They can’t gauge the “Eye of The Tiger”. They can’t gauge when you are in the zone, can hit the field goal, hitting that bullseye which lets all the dominos fall like a house of cards...

XqH5K3H.gif

If it’s that important to you, you drop whatever bullshit you got going on this weekend and just grind - if you are serious.

Anything else is just paralysis by over-analysis due to a lack of confidence in your ability to win.

I like this, Ive been hesistating on this for a long time and seeing other sites pop up doing something similar but not the same..... lets see how I get on

I agree with CCarter. The keyword tools are hugely inaccurate on search volume. They also fail often to even come close to the search volume estimates from a different seo tool using another source for data. That discrepancy alone and being unable to get straight facts makes it hard to push forward because it feels like there's no solid foundation under you.

The answer IMHO is to use common sense about the likely popularity of the topic first and search volumes, second. At a certain point, you just have to try it.

checkout the first 5 results for the US term manually. Yes manually.
Ask yourself if you can deliver something better than them?
If not then the same thing at a better price or service?
Find out what would differentiate you from them.

If you cannot exceed them in user experience, can you match them.

If you can't match them then look for another market.

If you can match or exceed them then have a look at their bank link profile.
if you can match them or exceed them or can plan a different link building campaign to match/exceed them then;
ask yourself if you are more than 50% confident in doing it.

if the answer comes yes then proceed. Else find another market or another niche in the same market.
Do not worry, the internet is very big for many years to come.
There is a place for everyone to become millionaires in 2019 with the right mindset.

if you have any further questions, please post.

Back