Social traffic sources for the laaadiessss

Degree
I have a website that ladies <3. I'm having a tough time getting anything going on Pinterest. I have started just messaging people with big followings and asking if they'll re-pin some of my better posts but it has been a fool's errand thus far.

I'm wondering if any of you builders would be so kind as to point me towards some other sites that ladies hang around at that I may be able to tap into.

I'm going to keep trying to crack Pinterest because once I get a real following over there it will benefit me for years to come but in the meantime I feel like I could be slowly massaging 5, 10, 15 other platforms for some variety.

If you don't want to post anything public maybe give me some advice on how to find these places myself because I'm having a rough go at it. Or PM me (If one of you fine folks hits the "like" button I should be able to send PMs soon.)

Doesn't necessairly have to be "social" either I just said that becuase I was thinking in the same vein as Pinterest but I have no idea what else is out there so I'm open to anything.

I don't want to be "THAT NEWBIE" who shows up and says GIMME ALL YO TRAFFIC SOURCES but I'm hoping there are some other mainstream ones that I don't about besides Pinterest.

Show us the outreach message you are sending to people, and we'll tell you exactly what's wrong.

@CCarter Thank you that's a great offer.

I grabbed a random account to use as an example for this. If I could find a way to automate getting a list of people to reach out to in the first place that would get rid of a huge pressure point too.

https://www.pinterest.com/thelsd/

Lauren Santo Domingo
She's an editor at Vogue magazine and runs ModaOperandi.com. She has 220k followers on Pinterest and is obviously very influential in the fashion world. I assume that she's getting hit up constantly and her inbox is filled with "Hello ma'am you are missing out on valuable SEO opportunities..." so I want to stand-out.

I start by Googling her brand name + press release. I came across this http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ng-led-by-fidelity-investments-300035999.html.

I'll check out her homepage/blog, browse the pins to get a feel for what she's into...

https://www.modaoperandi.com/alexis-ss16 was featured on the homepage.

So my outreach will look something like...

Via email (assuming I could find it)

"Hey Lauren,

I have been following you for a while and I meant to reach out and say congrats on the funding earlier this year, I've already noticed some of the exciting things that has helped you do with M.O., and I can't wait to see what's next.

I'm LOVING the new Alexis Barbara Isaias line, isn't she a genius??

The mily short dress is to die for, I'm sending the link to my husband with a huge note that says HINT. Do you think he'll get the hint? :surprised:)

Anyways, just wanted to drop a quick note and say that I enjoy what you're doing and it inspires me to work harder on my own website.

- Unique name that stands out."

Then in 2-3 days I'll send a message on the particular platform (Whether it's Pin, FB, w/e) and say

"Hey Lauren,

Sorry to bother you again, but I just published this article and put a ton of effort into it. Only a couple hundred people have read it so far but I would love to get your initial thoughts if you have a minute or two.

Thanks,

- Same unique name."

There are a few things that I try to subtly do. I don't know if they help or not. Examples:

- Noticed she's married, so I mentioned my husband and tried to be relatable.
- Unique name that will stand out if you see it a second time.
- Not mentioning my website, not asking for a re-pin. Trying to be genuine.
- Mentioning specific things about her site.
- Hinting that I'm a fan and a customer. Who doesn't want to press a button to help a customer?
- Mentioning something that would be huge in their life and trigger happy feelings (like getting 60m in funding).

Each of those is like tossing another line in the water. I only need one or two of them to click and to form some kind of mental and emotional connection.

I wonder if directly asking for the re-pin would be better or if that would be a big turn-off? My hope is that they will just see the post, like it, and decide to share it out of goodwill. But maybe that's why my success rate is ABYSMAL.

Also if I could automate certain parts of this it would go a lot more quickly BUT I feel like I need that personal touch. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong because one re-pin from a monster account like this can send shockwaves that singlehandedly "make" my site so if it takes 99 ignores until I get that 1 share it will still have been worthwhile.

The thing is I can't blast off 20, 30, 40 of these in a day. It takes a good ~20-30 minutes each and I almost never get a response.

Thanks again for hearing me out I can't wait to see what people suggest.

Did I miss the subject field of the email somewhere in there?

Do a google search for your niche keywords plus "link love". Use other variations with the word "love" too. I've found that women bloggers often use that term/word in their link roundup posts.

@Calamari You didn't miss it so this highlights that I'm neglecting the subjects. I just use whatever I think of that second like "Hey I just wanted to say thanks..." Any tips on what will get them opening my emails?

@Trankuility Good tip. I'm not doing this outreach for backlinks but this should still help me find some people with social followings that I can tap into. Cheers.

Sorry I don't. I just know that it's an important part of the process so I wanted to make sure you included it for people that do outreach to weigh in on.

I do know that including their name in the subject will help get your email opened, however.

Any tips on what will get them opening my emails?

While I'm still testing this out myself, the ones I've been using in the past when doing content outreach are along the lines of:
- Thought you might like this
- Something you might like
- Hey [name], about your site

Basically when it comes to outreach I've been following Backlinko's advice on what the ideal outreach email should be (sending out a 'feeler' message first), see the below examples of his post:

igemail1.png

The above would be the first 'feeler' to peak their interest in what you have to offer to them. Then if they are keen..

mike-email-2.png

Doing something similar to the above has been working out for me.

It seems like you are going for big game fish with a little hook (I may be wrong), because why would she want to share your stuff, or repin it. I would go through her list of followers and simply follow them to begin with. They may be more likely to repin and follow back in the beginning, especially if your stuff has merit for them.

As for other platforms, try weheartit (pretty big female audience), tumblr, stumbleupon etc.

"Hey Lauren,

I have been following you for a while and I meant to reach out and say congrats on the funding earlier this year, I've already noticed some of the exciting things that has helped you do with M.O., and I can't wait to see what's next.

I'm LOVING the new Alexis Barbara Isaias line, isn't she a genius??

The mily short dress is to die for, I'm sending the link to my husband with a huge note that says HINT. Do you think he'll get the hint? :surprised:)

Anyways, just wanted to drop a quick note and say that I enjoy what you're doing and it inspires me to work harder on my own website.

- Unique name that stands out."

@Panda What was her response to this email, can you please post it?

I think if you're targeting really busy and successful people then you might want to try to make the email more concise. They get flattery all day. If you get to the point they might have more time to reply. Just a thought!

Hi OP, you asked how you can find "influencers", use this free tool, I have't used it since a long time, but as far as I remember there is scraper for top pinners, boards and pins.

"Hinting that I'm a fan and a customer. Who doesn't want to press a button to help a customer? "

About that mindstate I think you are in big delusion, the big accounts get a lot of those requests, and nobody gives a damn about you and your biz bro. If you pay them you will get your pin repined otherwise I think you will be lucky if you get some repins.

Look for users with huge followers and a business email. Also interesting stuff gets a lot organic repins. Have a lot of interesting or pinnable stuff even if you have to steal :D

Back