Social media management

Degree
Hello builders

I've started some doing client work (mainly seo) last year and I just got a customer that would like social media management for 5 accounts (twitter and facebook) All content is provided and it's posted daily.... they find the postings being time consuming login in and out of accounts etc... I've seen on quite a few occasions ppl mention hootsuite would that be the go place software for this job? I've looked at agoraPulse as well but hootsuite seems the one that keeps popping up

Last edited:
Buffer too. You can schedule posts and send one post out to multiple social networks at once. That would solve all of the time problems they are complaining about.

For Facebook, I've personally found it's easier to just do it manually. I hop on once a week or month for some pages, queue up all the image and video posts, then when I have articles to add in between I pop those up every day or two as they're ready since it's mostly time-sensitive stuff. This is for about a dozen pages that all get unique content from one another.

When I was originally trying out all the usual suspects from Buffer, Hootsuite, etc... none of them really gave me the same control as just using Facebook to schedule, nor did they really seem to make it any easier. And I remember image posts being a bit cumbersome, although I should probably re-visit those apps because I'm sure they're a lot better now, years later.

Your best bet is just to try some things and see what fits your workflow best. For example, I don't like to use one app to schedule across different social networks because I like to use different image sizes and adjust my message slightly, but I can see how that would save people a ton of time and effort, too.

I would test your engagement on Facebook with a 3rd party app vs doing it manually. A lot of my clients preach the manual FB approach, saying that their engagement drops off dramatically when they use something like Hootesuite.

@stackcash Interesting, I haven't heard that before re: reach being hurt by using apps to post. I wonder.. even if FB isn't directly penalizing the posts, if people just don't put as much thought/care/effort into the posts when they're queueing up 100 at once vs. doing one at a time by hand.

There was a study published a year or two ago (forgot source) that said reach was reduced by using programs to post to Facebook. I mentioned it in another thread and a member here said they didn't notice a negative effect. I haven't tested it for myself so I don't know for sure either way.

I could see that actually logging into your account and "using page as" could be a factor they use for more active accounts, therefor giving them more priority in newsfeeds... I'm interested on any tests or studies done on this.

Never thought of that. I rarely log in as my page. Interested to know the effect.

Back