Social Media for a Jewelry Store

OshiBelfort

Drowning in Books
Degree
Hi again,

I have been working with a client that now wants me to partner with him to work with his social media presence and increase customer or potential customer interaction/grow leads etc. etc.

For something like a jewelry store where the cost for the product is so high, I wanted to get some pro input to help get ideas rolling. From paid to free, I'll take whatever yall have, I just am drawing a bit of a blank.

I don't think expansive social media is always the best idea for small businesses. I'm assuming he is a small independent jewelry store owner purely because I can't see how the larger ones would have got to 2015 ignoring the web.

However, you should definitely be doing a lot with Facebook.

Some examples:

Christmas, Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day.
- These all offer you the chance to plan some kind of giveaway competition around. Facebook is a great platform for running competitions and I'd definitely do that.

August - October: These are typically the months where most babies are born in the States (currently, so dig further back to find your main demographic). This matters because you can bet there's going to be a LOT of birthdays these months. I would take advantage of that by doing a 'big birthday month' promotion, offering discounts and whatever else the business owner is willing to do.

Just think about it in terms of the value you're offering and you'll get more of all of the above. It's easy to do some basic paid ads on there, it's easy to find groups that exist for local areas. Use those together to get the initial traction to these kinds of campaigns and grow your page.

If you guys spread yourself too thinly across social sites you'll likely get no results at all. I say if he's a small local biz, focus on Facebook first because that's where you'll get the results fastest and in the most quantifiable way.

Try instagram. Ppl like to show off their stuff on it I think it would work great for that niche

Search "fakewatchbusta" for an angle that's worked very well.

Instagram, Facebook, snapchat

Image based. Would work well IMO

Instagram has helped sell well for me .

I dose my followers with a steady supply of engaging photoshoots. Products on the models are available, here's our number/contact, come buy it.

Another technique is giving discounts for customers using your tags in their pics. If you're selling mid-price stuff to sexagenarians, it won't fly, but if your customers are pro-social then it could start a local trend.

Back