So who’s gonna pay $8 for Twitter verification?

Do you pay 8$ to be a tweeter.

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 38 70.4%

• Total voters
I have nearly 40k followers, won't be doing it for at least a month.

Too many barriers to entry at the moment, and no benefits that are actionable right now.

OMG. Funny as fuck. Before, when the blue checkmark was free, it was a status symbol to get one. Now, since it is $8, anyone can buy one and trolls are buying the checkmarks. ROFL!

I'll pay the $8/month if for no other reason than to support Elon Musk in his battle against dangerous nutjob leftists. Any benefits beyond that will just be the delicious cream cheese icing on the carrot cake.

I would absolutely pay this if it were beneficial.
The price is very affordable to reach an audience that can increase my digital venture's worth

Holy shit. the FBI was telling twitter what to censor. Freedom of speech my ass. America is not no fuckign democracy and there's no rights there. It's a fucking totalitarian system just like any other POS country. Prove me wrong.

Holy shit. the FBI was telling twitter what to censor. Freedom of speech my ass. America is not no fuckign democracy and there's no rights there. It's a fucking totalitarian system just like any other POS country. Prove me wrong.
Ahh we have our problems too. Wouldn't live anywhere else or make a political declaration if So and So becomes president I'm moving to..... There is no major conspiracy. We do have some Monopoly issues Google, Amazon, Apple etc... and our politicians suckazz, term limits, and campaign finance reform would fix a lot.

I stopped posting on Twitter about 2 months ago after key functionality stopped working, and has yet to be fixed. I wouldn't pay $8 / mo for it right now, but maybe in the future if they fix things.

I've gotten traffic, recognition in my niche, links, and clients (consulting) on Twitter. If $8 / mo would guarantee some kind of multiplier on all that, it would definitely be worth it.

Elon Musk announces Twitter share ad revenue with creators for ads that appear in their reply threads, with eligible Twitter Blue verified accounts.

Elon Musk announces Twitter share ad revenue with creators for ads that appear in their reply threads, with eligible Twitter Blue verified accounts.
I saw it, are there any requirements to buy Twitter Blue Verification?

giphy.gif

Musk is gonna IPO a company that has SpaceX + Twitter under it and it will reach a trillion in market cap and use it to justify his purchase of Twitter in the first place.

Because as they say at SpaceX, Musk buying Twitter and leaving them alone is the best thing for the company.

Let's be honest
Elon Musk has the beest people possible on his team
Any speculation by us "poor people" on how to run a business like X is just a joke

That $8 is nothing compared to what people have paid in the past to get a verified check for their career. I personally know people who paid $1000-$5000 for that on twitter/instagram, in relation to entertainment.

If a person is bitching about $8, they shouldn't be on twitter. They should be focused on getting their own business together

99% of people complaining can stop buying one $10 fast food combo per month and invest in their twitter profile; then thank Elon for saving you a few years on your health + whatever you gain from being verified

Me personally. I'm tired of all those social media sites . Require too much information. We're in an era where our privacy = $0 value

But if you need it like that, suggest you spend it. It's a smart business move.

I would sure love to have X be a new decentral paypal, perhaps based on blockchain.

Looks like CNN, FoxNews, and the other fake news organizations got hit with an algorithm update in the last 3 years, from Facebook and Twitter:

edInmHp.png

Source: Social media traffic to top news sites craters

Apparently nobody believes them and users would rather watch viral videos instead of going to the dinosaur news sites...

Brand new account, 0 followers - literally setup this morning, first video 570 views within 3 hours - zero promotion:

bVP5tJo.png

Ya'll keep sleeping on social, especially Tiktok. Wild. Eyeballs are future customers.

Ya'll missing the boat.

so8SPnE.gif

Brand new account, 0 followers - literally setup this morning, first video 570 views within 3 hours - zero promotion:

bVP5tJo.png

Ya'll keep sleeping on social, especially Tiktok. Wild. Eyeballs are future customers.

Ya'll missing the boat.

so8SPnE.gif
What does the analytics look like on that in terms of demographics and watch time? What do the profiles of the viewers look like - are you hitting your target audience?

Looks like Mako is a powered surfboard thing. Like that thing Zuckerberg was seen riding once. I would be inclined to believe there is a risk TikTok would classify your content into some sort of outdoor B2C category, at least initially, if you're typing "Mako Boards" into your description.

classify your content
That's what hashtags are for within the description of your video.

If people like and/or follow your account, they clearly are interested in what you do or are interested in seeing more.

Just keep pushing content in the beginning, everything else is wasting time overthinking it.

Social media has eyeballs of future customers. Keep that in the back of your mind and keep pushing forward. Trial and error while you keep moving forward.

bVP5tJo.png

Ya'll missing the boat.

so8SPnE.gif
This is on the low end in my opinion. (570, yes even in the business niche.) Also, let's not forget how good does tiktok convert? (Also with you Tiktok you get this initial boost only for your first 15 tiktoks or so, if you don't regularly post every day, you will lose this boost, and if your first 15 tiktoks don't go viral, you won't get this sort of boost that you get with initial tiktok account.)
You need 1k followers to even have link in bio. But, let's assume you can do it without 1k followers. How many of those views likely convert into going up to your account and clicking on the link?

Ok, let's assume it took you the same time to create 3-5 shorts as it did to create blog posts. Most likely the blog post would make you money. (This is assuming you do buyer intent keyword). Do you know any adults going on tiktok? I personally don't know many older people who go on Tiktok. That looks like a SAAS to me, you think tiktok is the best use of time to promote SAAS on??

I personally don't know many older people who go on Tiktok.
I was on the roof of my building 2 Fridays ago. I was chatting with this older guy, about 10 years older than me. He worked for Goldman Sachs for several years.

I was talking about how social media is destroying attention and destroying communities leaving people more lonely than ever.

He stated "I'm not on Instagram, or even Twitter. I think I have a Facebook account but not active. I'm not on any of it. Except TikTok. I'm on that thing until my phone battery dies." And he giggled hard. I've never seen a grown man giggle like that.

He's the only reason I thought about dropping my first video on TikTok.

Ok, let's assume it took you the same time to create 3-5 shorts as it did to create blog posts.

I was a bar named Monty's, ordering a gin and tonic, decided to show a friend of mine the software I was working on there, so I did a screen recorded, took about 30-60 seconds, then remembered the old guy from the roof, and decided to post the video on TikTok. Took 1 minute of work - 3 hours later got 500+ views, all while drinking my gin and tonic and bullshitting.

If you guys take hours to make a 30 second video, you're in trouble.

The reality is @freshpeppermint - everything you just stated above is based off of your own limited experience and fear. All your questions and statements are based out of fear.

""Your "options" are ALL based out of fear, and the only thing that successfully operates in the realm of fear is death. Whether it's death physically, emotionally, financially, mentally, or spiritually - only death can come from fear." - CCarter (post #29565)​

Are there adults on TikTok? Why not just search "#data" or "#datavisualization" or whatever niche you are in within the search bar? You'll see thousands of videos of ADULTS talking about subject matters that are interesting/important to them. Not dancing, just talking.

Did you bother doing a simple search? I'll do it for you on a real boring topic "microsoft power bi":

OViPRg5.png

First video has 70K LIKES, others are 1000+, 500+, 3500+. This might be a stretch but I doubt it's "kids" are LIKING "microsoft power BI" topics.

I know where the disconnect is - You want to go viral. I'm looking to get customers. I don't need to go viral to get customers. I just need to be in places my customers are.

If I get 3 followers that end up becoming customers or clients putting money in my pockets, doing a 30 second video daily is better and faster ROI than sitting down and writing content for 2-3 hours and waiting for Google to send me traffic 6 month later.

My mindset and your mindset are on different planes of existence. Those 3 followers are more important than my view count - again I'm going after future customers. Someone seeing my video to increase my view count doesn't mean anything to me. Someone seeing my video and liking and/or following me means a potential future customer just entered the top of my funnel.

Again - me and you are playing on 2 different fields.

That looks like a SAAS to me, you think tiktok is the best use of time to promote SAAS on??

Yes.

Back