So who’s gonna pay $8 for Twitter verification?

Do you pay 8$ to be a tweeter.

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 38 70.4%

• Total voters
Incoming thread derailment, again
I find bragging about TikTok views pretty retarded honestly.
  1. Who knows how they count them? You literally cannot equate a TikTok view to a YouTube view 1:1 to compare numbers. From my experiments engagement is low enough that I think that if literally three frames of the video plays, it counts as a view
  2. It's extremely difficult to get people somewhere you can monetise them off TikTok. You can do this on YouTube and the traffic is extremely good quality. But you need people to be mid to low funnel for the incentive to leave to be there.
  3. If you build a following, it's not really your asset. Remember when YouTube subscribers used to be important? You're just entering another algo game
The solution to this is to be an influencer. Develop a cult of personality that people return to. But then you have to step very carefully to avoid creating something that cannot be sold in the future. It's possible, as Brian Dean showed. But that's not the approach most people here are taking

I'm not purely an "SEO type", I do a heap of YouTube. I just think building on TikTok is riskier than even Google. Not even mentioning the risk the PLA steps into Taiwan and it gets banned.

The broader discussion on here recently about building a brand needs to happen because people are too reliant on SEO. The problem is equating brand equity to social following too linearly. You're still beholden to the platform.
I promise you that no one in this thread is bragging about a few hundred TikTok views. The only thing we're talking about is that there are opportunities to traffic leak everywhere, and we won't discount them based on assumptions and/or third-party information.

There's also a brand versus direct response argument that could be made, but that's probably best for another thread.

I'd still say naming it after an established surfing product is less than optimal though
I've owned Makoboard.com since 2012. There are 2 companies with the name Mako Board.

The first company makes plastic signs - Mako-Board.com (registered 2017).

The 2nd company is some surfing board stuff I assume which is what you are talking about - makoboardsports.com - registered 2016.

I don't know who's naming after who, but the surf board stuff isn't even #1 in Google.

There are plenty of companies with similar names in different industry. At the end of the day I own the .com, .net, and .org. All signs point to them naming it after me.

I don't have to worry about trademarks cause we aren't in the same industry. The ironic part is the paper company has a trademark, not the surf board.

Worse case scenario I'll buy both companies and shut them down.

Ant problems to a Giant.

Back