Small Biz 'Local Marketing' - Where would you start?

Degree
Hey Buds,

If you had the opportunity to advise and work with local business, what would be 'Your First Recommendations' to get the phone Ringing?

Give us a list...in order
  • -Face Book Ads
  • -next door Ads
  • -PPC
  • -Instagram
  • -Youtube Videos
  • -Direct Mail?
ME: I like PPC and Video ads.
Video, you can advertise your site through direct mail or handouts. You can generate interest by giving prospects an opportunity to 'see and watch' what you are offering. IF the Biz is a Plumber, you can show 'a job in progress' from Problem to solution and final outcome.

Whats the Biggest 'Internet marketing' Bang for the Buck ?

Thoughts / Opinions ?

I would start by building out a Google My Business profile, filling it with data and photos, and getting reviews in as much as possible. I'd then build out as many citations as possible with NAP (name, address, phone number) info and get those crawled and indexed. Showing up in the local map packs and all that is easy pickings and exposure to a lot of very hot traffic.

I would start by building out a Google My Business profile, filling it with data and photos, and getting reviews in as much as possible. I'd then build out as many citations as possible with NAP (name, address, phone number) info and get those crawled and indexed. Showing up in the local map packs and all that is easy pickings and exposure to a lot of very hot traffic.
I agree with this post. Google My Business should be the very first thing you implement properly.
Remember to get a few reviews too.
The good thing about GMB is that all the calls made through your property are now tracked and can be shown to your client in a dashboard :smile:

If someone completes a 'Google business Profile'... does that automatically put them on the 'Google Map Pack?______ SEEMS LIKE there's lots of businesses... but only 'a Few make to the Google 3 pack' ----WHY?
Thanks for your input....

BUMP,....i tried a search here but came up with nothing.......Are there any special Posts with info on Google Map Pack...?

BUMP,....i tried a search here but came up with nothing.......Are there any special Posts with info on Google Map Pack...?
The Digital Strategy Crash Course has Exp 2 - Local SEO for Real World Results which talks about the basics of Local SEO.

The answer to your previous question is no. You need to outrank everyone else to make it into the map pack. Having a listing alone isn't enough. The post above explains how to get it done.

Also if you have a services page make sure each individual service is targeted towards the KW variation that has local search intent.

There are times where different variations of the same word DO NOT HAVE LOCAL SEARCH INTENT.
Type in as many variations into google as you can. The one that shows up with a MAP PACK has local search intent.

The variation that has the map pack is THE kw variation that you want to use and target... Also make sure the page specifically targets: "local search intent kw" in "city X"

Back