Site using PBNs and blocking crawlers moving up, how to compete?

They'd be class-A scumbags. With their budgets, they wouldn't have any problem ranking ahead legit anyway.

No. Only those that lack the skills and intelligence to compete with a competitor rat them out instead. If you can't rank ahead of someone and need to inform G of their linking activities, just get out.

qroDnp0.gif

Don't agree with this. Black hat vs white hat is different. You could say black hatters lack the intelligence and skills to compete with white haters all things being equal. They can't do it the way where their sites would never get banned in Google, they could create actual brands and businesses with longevity. Instead they churn and burn one project to the next - because that's the only way they can compete.

Don't agree with this. Black hat vs white hat is different. You could say black hatters lack the intelligence and skills to compete with white haters all things being equal. They can't do it the way where their sites would never get banned in Google, they could create actual brands and businesses with longevity. Instead they churn and burn one project to the next - because that's the only way they can compete.

Not talking about black hat vs white hat. Talking about the difference between those that rat on competitors because their tactics (Whether that is white or black) cannot compete and those that understand giving more info to G is never a good thing.

Time to make a correction. Or at least be a bit more specific.

earlier in this thread I replied to this rethorical question:
But here is the real question, even if you found his PBNs, what were you going to do?

I guess report paid links https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/93713?hl=en

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/paidlinks

I know it's considered a shitty and by some blackhat move to do. But it works very often, mainly becouse to many "seo's" don't know how to make PBN's that actually looks and feels like real sites, both in content, traffic and ads.

Apparantley that let to some members making the assumption that this technique is something that I use, and I can sort of see why, becouse I wasn't clear in my message so for clarifiy
The technique (if you can even call it that) to report competitors to google if you find there PBN, is one that I know works very often, becouse it happens to my sites a lot, even when I am not using PBN's, and it appears that it is so damn effective becouse big G doesn't really bother to check if the accusation is right or wrong, they just assume it is. and as we all know assumption is the mother of all f**k ups.

And yes I've found a way to bounce back from it and one that is white hat and very effective against almost any type of neg. seo.

Now do I think there are big vompanies that plays dirty out there in their sales and marketing methods, absolutley, you only need to observe their methods with one eye to see how dirty they play the game of business/marketing.

One thing I will say before I shut up though, is that if I was OP I wouldn't be bothered that much with that one competitor, what I would do though is focus on ranking multiple pages for the same keyword/keywords since the #1 spot on googles first page "only" gets about a 34% CTR which leaves plenty more traffic opportuneties.

Hopefully I have clarified what I wrote earlier on if not then feel free to ask me to me to elaborate more on whatever it may be.

Back